• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are these decent shoes?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a pair of really cool Moreschis from Bluefly for use as a casual shoe (jeans, chinos, etc.). I LOVE THEM. And they smell better than any other shoe I've had. But it just makes me realize that I need another pair of casual shoes to rotate with them (I formerly just kept wearing the same casual pair every dah). On weekends, I just won't let myself wear the Moreschis more than once. So, I thought these might be good with cords/jeans. I've never had a suede shoe before though. Thoughts? Are these decent shoes?

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Link is to a pair of Ralph Lauren shoes. Nice ones though.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're quite inexpensive, and with Bluefly's return policy, why are we even having this conversation?
biggrin.gif
I hadn't worn suede shoes for about five years, and a couple of weeks ago decided to get a pair. Got some of the suede Moreschis from Bluefly as a matter of fact. I'd say buy these and if they look decent, keep them. Just remember to spray 'em with some suede protectant before you get them dirty, buy a suede eraser and brush, and you're all set.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought 'em. $74 after shipping with the 15% code. I returned the McCallum boots though -- which is why I'm looking for another casual pair. The 10.5 McCallums didn't fit -- and they weren't quite me either. I'm happy enough saving the money anyways. Now I can pine over the C & J handgrades for a while (though my Alden captoes are a lot darker brown than I remember, and thus it may be unnecessary to buy another pair of brown shoes, but we'll see; on that score, for "suit shoes" I have 2 pair of black, 1 pair of burgundy, and one pair of brown. Would you get one more pair of brown?).

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Retronotmetro -- suede protector? What sort would you recommend?

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've used Tana suede protector, and Kiwi. I don't think there's any real quality difference between the two--same parent company IIRC.

TomW

Reaction score
Glad you like them jn.. I am seriously considering those very shoes myself, though I am having difficulty in justifying another pair at the moment.

NYCDan

Reaction score
JN3, do you find the Moreschis on par with the Italy made Ralph Lauren's? I think those are very nice and would be a good casual Friday shoe?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both the Moreschis and the Polo Brawley captoes.

First, the Moreschis that I highlighted unfortunately only have an 11.5 left I think. However, as for sizing, my opinion is that Moreschi sizing runs true to size or 1/4" small for this particular shoe. I ordered an 11 and it fits, though I can even put my orthotics in and still be comfortable. The Brawleys I am an 11, and doubt I could put orthos in without getting too tight. Polo Ed Greens I wear a 10.

So, that said, the Moreshis I highlighted are from the Goldline. I find the construction slightly better than the Polo Brawleys. The leather in the Moreschis is thinner, but not by much. But it also is better finished IMO. The Polo's I am very impressed with, however. I put them on today (black captoes) and I was struck by just how elegant the last is, and the leather is very good. They are goodyear welted, I believe, while the Moreschis appear black stitched. Notwithstanding that, however, I think the Moreschis are still better constructed. Between the non-Goldline Moreschis though and the Polos, the Polos win hands down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads