• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Are there some Converse-like shoes in a D or E width?

Asha'man

Reaction score
I have wide, flat feet and wear custom orthotic insoles in all my shoes for arch support. I bought a pair of Converse All-Stars a while back after a test-fit of the orthotics seemed to yield good results. After wearing the shoes, however, I found that they did not in fact fit and never will, and if I try to make them fit the shoes will likely burst right above the sole (where the hard plastic of the orthotic pushes the canvas outward). I've even gone without the insoles for a while and the Cons are still the most uncomfortable shoe I have ever worn.

So the question is, are there any shoes out there with similar styling to the Chucks (Purcells, Vans...?) that come in extra wide sizes? My feet are a D or E in just about everything but I would like to wear shoes with the same general style as the Cons.

BTW they are for sale - hardly worn, US size 11.5, low top, black canvas/white sole.

Serg

Reaction score
springcourts are kinda wide.

TheDroog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ashenwreck
Have you tried the loose fit?
http://www.converse.com/index.aspx?m...#productdetail
Not sure where you can find them, though. They look like they're getting phased out.

I used to own these and can confirm they are indeed quite wide. Someone with an E would fit perfectly in these. The problem, however, is that by stretching the sneakers out so wide, they end up looking like clown shoes. My pair also broke down in less than a year of infrequent use.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 84 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 139 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%