• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are there any ease of use facial creams for Skin and Dark Bags under Eyes?

WorkingTitle

Reaction score
I have never put on a facial creme or moisturizer a day in my life. However lately, I see everyone has begun to use them and that they are very good for your skin so I want to begin using one.

As far as my skin is concerned, I don't know how to describe it but, It could look a bit more "fresher". It gets a tiny bit oily during the day. But the real problem area for me is the bags under my eyes. Would a facial cream reduce the bags or swelling or whatever causes dark "tired" circles when one is otherwise fully rested?

Is there a good all in one facial remedy that wont make me go out of my way to apply? I would really appreciate any help and comments. I really would like to start developing a good regiment to take care of my skin.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
You should wash your face, before shaving, then use a toner, then your moisturizer. As far as the eyes go, grab some eye cream with caffeine in it, or an eye pen.

In short, there is no one product that can do all the things you want, but all in all, all the things I listed will take like literally 5 minutes longer than what you probably normally do, and is more than worth it.

WorkingTitle

Reaction score
Deed has been done.

All it took was the urge for hygeine and I walked away with $100 in grooming supplies. Awesome...

...what have I become.

egoiste

Reaction score
As the person above me stated, a general skin care regimen should look like:

1. Cleanse
2. Shave (if needed)
3. Tone (optional)
4. Moisturize (with SPF of at least 15)

Night should be the same, without the shaving and the moisturizer doesn't need an SPF in it and should be 'richer' to moisturize the skin fully.

As for any eye creams that will 'erase' under dark eye circles or bags, it pretty much is a lost cause. Creams or moisturizers simply hydrate the skin to help prevent new wrinkles (old wrinkles will be diminished), thus ridding lines entirely is impossible, but diminishing the look of them is possible with the continual use of a moisturizer/eye cream.

Dark circles can be hereditary or due to lack of sleep. I myself get the regular 5-6 hours of sleep a night and still have dark circles. I alleviate the look by using tea bags to decrease puffiness and slight color. I also use an eye gel (Menaji 911 Eye Gel) that tightens the area around the eye to decrease puffiness and also has these things that are light deflecting properties to make my dark circles less noticeable.

If you want to skin to look 'fresher', you probably want it to look more radiant and new which means you want to exfoliate to reveal newer skin. Using a clay absorbing mask with kaolin helps as well (a lot actually). Practicing a skin regimen continually as well as regular exercise and a healthy diet all contributes to nice skin!

Doppler4000

Reaction score
It's pretty tough to make the dark circles under eyes disappear. Most of the eye products are overpriced and don't do anything that just using your moisturizer for the rest of your face on the eyes will.

If you want to make a visible difference, you'd have to use a little bit of concealer. Neutrogena makes one especially for under eyes that actually works pretty good, but that's about it.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I once read or heard an interview in which Juliet Binoche
inlove.gif
said she thinks dark circles under the eyes look sexy on both men and women. I have since clung to that as a rationale for not using things like "eye cream" or an "eye pen". Plus, I'm a cheap bastard.

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
I've found cold potatoe slices to help with dark circles. Cucumber slices never did anything for me.

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
ln the morning, if my face is a little pufffy,
I'll put on an icepack while doing my stomach crunches.
I can do a thousand now.
After I remove the icepack, I use a deeppore cleanser lotion.
In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser.
Then a honey-almond bodyscrub.
And on the face, an exfoliating gelscrub.
Then I apply an herb mint facialmasque,
which l leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.
I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol,
because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older.
Then moisturizer,
then an anti-aging eye balm,
followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads