• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Are people still using the B&S amist COVID19 and work from home?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was considering doing a closet clean but wondering if it's even worth the effort to take pictures and measurements

Can anyone give a sense of how much activity there has been amidst the pandemic?

For reference, had some really good stuff including a rare NWOT overcoat from a label everyone likes that no longer uses a certain contract manufacturer that everyone used to love. (Won't say any more so as not to violate rules... suffice to say have some SF-approved stuff)

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unsure of B&S, but you could always consign with @SpooPoker , I have sent some things that have sold very well during this time. People seem to be buying!

wsupjs

Reaction score
I've had very little traction on a few ads via B&S lately, but like @cadmonkey said, eBay has been active. While it's frustrating to pay the 10% fee, a lot of times that is offset by getting more on that platform.

Spoo's fee isn't cheap, but I've seen items sell for more than enough to cover his cut and you still make more than you would selling yourself. That's not common, but the minimal effort is also a huge plus, especially if you're already questioning the worth of going through the process yourself.

compuccesory

Reaction score
As a buyer I find it less worthwhile relatively because of the increased amount of discounting by other retailers. I just took delivery this month, from Yoox, of Canali and Pal ZIleri suits for approx. $170-$190, non-final sale. In the last few months, I've seen BB Golden Fleece suits for $400 and Paul Stuart suits for less than $400.

Anything from other avenues would have to be priced competitively with that.

Last edited:

compuccesory

Reaction score
As a buyer I find it less worthwhile relatively because of the increased amount of discounting by other retailers. I just took delivery this month, from Yoox, of Canali and Pal ZIleri suits for approx. $170-$190, non-final sale. In the last few months, I've seen BB Golden Fleece suits for $400 and Paul Stuart suits for less than $400.

Anything from other avenues would have to be priced competitively with that.
I sound pretty smug here for a guy with a closet full of useless suits working from home until next year.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's