• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are pale pink shirts for men ok?

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NavyStyles
Good point, Mrs. L. I just got back from a convention over the weekend, and I was seated in the back for one session. EVERY guy there had on a shirt that was some shade of blue, except for yours truly. Hopefully, I stuck out in a good way with my red/orange/white candy-striped shirt.
biggrin.gif

I love suits and usually use them not only for business but also for leisure... and love dark suits in linen, wool or cotton, then the best way to spice them up is the shirt and when I am going casual I don't wear a tie... also the socks help to spice up the ensemble

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by faz63
Pink, Pink, Pink ****** {Pardon the pun.} Here in England walking down the street in a pink shirt you will be written as gay straight away. {Pardon the pun again.}
I disagree with all the posts so far about wearing pink. I would not be seen dead in it no wonder the USA males are all turning queer. I am beginning to wonder if this site is for closet gays?
tounge.gif

Well maybe in the UK, here in Switzerland I see pink shirts quite often and it doesn't necesarilly translate as gay men....

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
Who is man enough to wear Lavender/purple?

I love lavender shirts with Charcoal gray.

I absolutely love my purple shirts... I have 2 long sleeve and one short sleeve for summer

pkincy

Reaction score
For quite a time I resisted the pink shirt simply because it was seemingly a designer fad kinda like ugly black shoes. However now that I have picked up 5 new grey suits with 3 of those being a very light grey, I had also picked up 3 pink shirts (Canali, Zegna and RLPL) for my rotation as well as a couple of blue ties with a pink stripe or pink dot.

I will integrate them and may actually move them to wearing with suits other than grey.

Particularly now that I know it can be upsetting to some people which appeals to my semi perverse nature.
sly.gif

Perry

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I have a pink shirt, but it's not very pale at all.

malek

Reaction score
Pink shirts are ok but I think it's better if they are discreet. I'm not into flashy pink or fushia!
crazy.gif

Pink ties are very nice too...

Ramses

Reaction score
Would anyone wear these pants?
untitledhvdh1.png

royal618

Reaction score
Go for it!

I'm actually wearing a deep pink polo today (office is closed and I'm the only one here).

Ropavejero

Reaction score
I'll vote along with the majority of other posters.

Pale pink is perfectly acceptable looks great with a charcoal grey suit. In fact, I have a peculiar colored sport coat in a light gray and "egg shell" tan beige which can *only* be matched up with a light pastel pink shirt.

Other than a deep rose red, feel free to experiment with the other shades too, such as: salmon pink, coral, melon, peach (a mix of pink and orange). I have dress shirts in all of these colors and even a fuchsia tie.

The color works wonderfully for casual outfits too, as a pink polo or button collar Oxford shirt with pairs great with tan Khakis, or blue jeans, whether the dark indigo or a lighter wash.

royal618

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ropavejero

Other than a deep rose red, feel free to experiment with the other shades too, such as: salmon pink, coral, melon, peach (a mix of pink and orange). I have dress shirts in all of these colors and even a fuchsia tie.

I love my Fuchsia tie. So much so, it's time for a new one.
confused.gif

pkincy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
Probably in a different fabric.

I actually bought a pair of salmon (kinda like those pants but a bit lighter) linen pants the other day. Haven't found an opportunity to wear them but with a blue linen or cotton blazer, why not. White linen blazer would work but would look too much like ice cream, I think.

Perry

King Salmon

Reaction score
When using salmon as a color I find it important to also identify what species of fish you are referring to. For example, the flesh of my cousin, the Pacific sockeye salmon, is a brilliant red hue--on account of the krill he eats almost exclusively--while my own color is more a ruddy pink.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads