• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are my jeans too tight

Asherlc

Reaction score
So I fell for the Rich and Skinny spam.... But for $40 I figured they couldn't be that bad. I bought the "chill" fit, because it was the one they had in my size, and it said it was for people with big legs. I got it in the lower end of my size (I either wear 33 or 34) figuring that might cancel out any extra baginess. But they got here today and are wayyy tighter than I expected. Do you guys think they're too tight? I'm a big guy, and I don't want that stuffed sausage look you sometimes see. Any chance they're likely to stretch? Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us I'm most concerned with the third picture, where it looks like my thighs are a little too tight and my butt is being accentuated.

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
No offense but if you wear a 33 or 34 for jeans, maybe skinny jeans are NOT the route you should go for. If you want to look nice, try slim straights. Skinny jeans is for skinny people. Also you have big legs, so why the hell would you go for skinny?

Asherlc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper
No offense but if you wear a 33 or 34 for jeans, maybe skinny jeans are NOT the route you should go for. If you want to look nice, try slim straights. Skinny jeans is for skinny people. Also you have big legs, so why the hell would you go for skinny?

Figured the relaxed cut would be... relaxed. It specifically said it was roomier in the butt and thighs. Judging from the pictures here they don't look skinny to me.
http://www.richandskinnyjeans.com/pd/p/1031.html

Ah well, live and learn I guess.

hobo_ken

Reaction score
Those are not skinny jeans, but they are tight on you...

Doppler4000

Reaction score
Can't tell if they're too tight... but they're too long.

darkdream

Reaction score
Those jeans look terrible one you. It makes your gut appear big.

Asherlc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkdream
Those jeans look terrible one you. It makes your gut appear big.
I'll take some better ones... the mirrors in my apartment are positioned so that it's hard to get a good angle. For some reason I really bowed my back in the side pic, accentuating my gut (and plus the billowy white undershirt doesnt help much). But excuses are like assholes... everyone has one and they all stink. And yeah, they need to be hemmed, but I figured I'd see if they were even worth it in the first place.

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too tight?

Not tight enough. Need to size down 2-3 sizes more.

Nopike343

Reaction score
Asheric it's tough to tell from the pics but those look fine. Where are they way too tight? That is a relaxed fit, not skinny at al, and they are also stretch material. They should work just fine for a guy with your build. Maybe you are just accustomed to much looser jeans.

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look about right from what I can tell. My instinct says go slimmer even, but that's my taste.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads