• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are my B&L ray ban genuine

dotpotamus

Reaction score
They are leather and gold colour, 62 mm lens, On the top bar it says B&L RAY-BAN USA other side of the top bar it says the same, Has Ray Ban on the right eye lens. I listed them on eBay starting at £25 and eBay took them down as not authentic ray bans. Apart from the above no other markings and owned by a friend for 38 years, no case or receipts. Thanks for any advice given.

IMG_3064.JPG

IMG_3069.JPG

IMG_3071.JPG

IMG_3073.JPG

IMG_3075.JPG

IMG_3077.JPG

schlell

Reaction score
Hello there. It’s always a bit difficult determining the authenticity of B&L Ray Bans through only photos, as many of the small details that are only noticeable in person are what really help determine if it’s authentic or not.
Now, going based off of your photos alone, i will say that no, these are not authentic. Here is why...

1. In your first and second photo, the Ray Ban logo on the lens do not appear to be in the correct place, or position I guess you can say. This will always be the same across all Ray Ban.

2. The shape of the frame itself does not look like it is supposed to. It looks a lot more droopy than it should.

3. The leather does not look like it is genuine leather, or that of high quality that B&L used to use (I own several pairs of B&L Leathers).

4. Now lastly, the nose pads. I might be wrong about this in particular as the pictures do not show much, but the shape and texture of them just seem a bit off.

I know this was a late response but hope this helped!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads