1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Are my Allen Edmonds Strands Ruined?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by jwoodward888, Apr 24, 2016.

1. jwoodward888

jwoodward888 New Member

I was out the other night and somehow managed to scuff my Strand's badly. Is it at all possible to repair the damage? Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

I think the best you can do is build up that area with polish. I've seen some pretty impressive results from guys like @Crat who beat the hell out of their shoes. I'm no expert, so hopefully he'll chime in with some words of wisdom.

3. JLibourel

JLibourel Well-Known Member

I don't believe much can be done to repair where the leather is actually gouged away, but a few good coats of polish should restore the shoes to presentability. Remember that at the distance people will actually viewing your shoes, that little gouge will be all but invisible once it has been concealed with polish.