• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Are looser fit cotton pants took the initiative over skinny jeans in young socially active audiences?

Maxime

Reaction score
Hello,

First of all, I want to apologize for my English. It's not my mother tongue nor even a second language.

I want to make my question a little bit overdramatized and funny, for better understanding đź–– So I'll ask that way:
Do you think ultra-skinny jeans becoming out of fashion among teenage and youth modish audiences (think of "nightclubbers-partygoers-instagrammers-tiktokers" type now and a decade ago) in favor of loose plaid-styled cotton trousers? If so, why and when this tendency/trend begins?
Of course, I have an extremely limited perspective and view: my experience is limited to bigger cities of Eastern Europe, namely Moscow, St. Petersburg, and Kiev. But I do mention that younger people, those who can be called "modish" and even "extravaganza stylish" ones, are quickly shifting from very tight fitting jeans, which I thought was dominants for a long time, to looser pants/trousers, often but not always in plaid style. During my youth, some archetypical 19-year-old boy usually wore a jeans at a rave party or in the night club... But today, it's seemingly changes? Or its only my regionalist view. What's going on in the West - France, the UK, Germany, Spain perhaps? Is there the same tendency?

Once again, sorry for my English. I hope it's at least understandable. Thank you a lot!

comparison.jpg

m0butt

Reaction score
Fashion is cyclical. Also the 2010 example you gave was never seen as stylish lol, that looks horrid.

sick ziti

Reaction score
Not necessarily. I live on the east coast of the States and the skinny jean fad is still relevant at the moment. Not as skinny as demonstrated in the picture on the left, but more so of a slim with a skinny taper. Although larger, roomier pants are still on-trend for many people here as well, but less commonly seen IMO

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.