• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are Levis really the bestjeans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samurai

Reaction score
Guys - I have heard many people say, beginning with Andy Warhol, that Levi 501's are simply the best jean ever made.

How many agree with this statement?

samurai

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post.
confused.gif

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best is hard to qualify. I would say they are the most iconic and memorable. I still have a bunch of pairs of 501's from High School and beyond that I wear quite frequently over all the other denim I have. The normal domestic models might not have the denim quality but the cut looks pretty flattering on pretty much anyone and you really can't go that wrong.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
No doubt today Levis is hardly top of the heap. At the same time, whenever I see 50s and 60s icons wearing them in 50s and 60s movies and such, I think they look pretty classic. There is something pretty timelessly classic about a good pair of raw 501s, even today. Because of their price, there's something "every man" about them that I like. I also like the white 501s I've seen recently--though I'm not sure I could pull off that look myself. Still...

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't be silly. The best jeans ever made are Toughskins jeans made with Dacron Type 59 polyester, DuPont 420 nylon, and cotton. This is the same jean that Andy Warhol wore when supervising other people painting for him.

The good thing about them is you only need one pair. Ever.

BOF

Reaction score
Were those made for adults? Everything that I see of them says they were for children (or was Warhol abnormally small)?

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BOF
Were those made for adults? Everything that I see of them says they were for children (or was Warhol abnormally small)?
Sorry. My whole post was a lie. A bold faced lie.
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads