1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Are Levis really the best jeans?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by samurai, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Robert

Robert Senior member

This thread is great.

Who, you're arguing with someone who loves banana republic. Think about that...

And samurai well he's just an ignorant idiot, the worst kind.

Yeah, think about that! I practically cream my jeans every time I walk through those hallowed BR doors and hear the little customer-signal bell go off.

Besides, if BR is good enough for Tim Gunn, it's sure good enough for me!

In all seriousness, Loving the banana do not make me the bad man. I have redeeming qualities. I like Clarks Desert Boots, fer instance. Also, if I could afford to, I would buy expensive raw denim jeans every chance I could get. Seriously, I would. I would also drive an Aston Martin.

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

These Levis are the best, not the cheapest, but the best. All jokes aside, really love Levis Red. I think the designers are on drugs.

mos def
    [​IMG]

3. heyheyhey

heyheyhey Senior member

^Wow, do want. What are those exactly?

4. TJS1589

TJS1589 Senior member

how has this thread lasted so long?? [​IMG]

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

I have redeeming qualities. I like Clarks Desert Boots, fer instance.

I see your point, jet. I see your point.

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

^Wow, do want. What are those exactly?

it's the Levis Red slim rigid. They're like 200GBP, so about $380 with today's exchange

7. jet

jet Senior member

More like $324.

8. heyheyhey

heyheyhey Senior member

Actually thats £200 with my exchange rate [​IMG] Thanks, I may add those to my christmas list. I don't see them on their website though, whereabouts would you get them?

9. Robert

Robert Senior member

I see your point, jet. I see your point.

Sorry, my post was a boldfaced lie. Actually, I've only ever purchased a couple things from BR, and I wasn't all that impressed with the quality. And Clarks?! Pfft. Forget that shit. What is up with all the love for Desert Boots anyway.

10. samurai

samurai Senior member

+1
    op is a turd

hehehehe

Impressive vocabulary.

11. samurai

samurai Senior member

This thread is great.

And samurai well he's just an ignorant idiot, the worst kind.

Another great wordsmith...[​IMG]

12. rockket

rockket Senior member

What do you guys think of the 511's? They seem to be cut pretty well (slim), and can be had for less than $50.

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

it's the Levis Red slim rigid. They're like 200GBP, so about $380 with today's exchange

About 330 usd I believe.

They don't lOok too bad Jas.
    They look like sugar canes

14. Silverback

Silverback Senior member

Another great wordsmith...[​IMG]
    But is he the best wordsmith?

15. samurai

samurai Senior member

But is he the best wordsmith?

Hardly. Like Levi's...

Anyway guys, it's been a blast. Seriously. No hard feelings on this end. I got to push a few buttons, a handfull of you got to let out all your anger. That's a good thing, believe me. Better to do it here than in the street, right?

Anyway, there were some good points made. True, I know very little about jeans compared to many of you. So yes, it was a dumb question. Actually I was just trying to check in and try to establish a bit of rapport with you guys, it was not meant badly.

In my defense I can only say that there have been other dumb posts on this forum, they seem to come from newbies like myself as a rule.

Anyway, I'm somewhat bummed out that my dumb post brought out such stunningly virulent rage and hostility from so many of you right from the first reply. No, it didn't feel good, and to me it seemed unjustified. But I did learn some things about human nature and mass psychology.

Anyway, as I say, no hard feelings. I probably won't hang out here quite as much as before, but may click in once in a while just to kibitz. Don't worry, I'm not planning any new threads, and will not post unless the stars seem well positioned.

Cheers, Larry.

16. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

17. Silverback

Silverback Senior member

Anyway, I'm somewhat bummed out that my dumb post brought out such stunningly virulent rage and hostility from so many of you right from the first reply. No, it didn't feel good, and to me it seemed unjustified. But I did learn some things about human nature and mass psychology.
    Larry, I am sure there are people who consider Levi's the best jeans. Maybe even some here.

But "best" is so subjective that it relies on personal taste and use.

Really if Levi's were limited production they would probably be seen in a better light than they are here.

There is a Voltaire quote "The perfect is the enemy of the good." which I prefer misquoted as "Best is the enemy of good enough".

That is true. But the entire concept of fashion is to look beyond pure functionality IMHO. So asking what is the best fashion is pointless.

I actually like the thought of decadence for decadence sake.

18. whodini

whodini Senior member

19. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

20. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

lol. this dude takes himself too seriously.

'virulent rage'?
    'pushed a few buttons'?

hardly.

we post out of amusement.

vice versa more likely