• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are Levis really the best jeans?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Le-560-ComfortFit-MediumStonewash.jpg

Are these what SC okinawas look like? But with an awesome python patch?

(No lvc for me Eason. I can't comprehend ever spending hundred dollars on a pair of levis)

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
come on, sugarcane is like... wanna-be levi's! yeah!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
To quote arethusa, I want to fly a fuckin plane into this thread.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't need alcohol when you can clean 1.5 BW+.

Au contraire. You need alcohol before cleaning 1.5 BW+. And die.

But seriously I call BS. No way Korean rice can support this kind of strength.
teacha.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
You saw my picture in BC, those traps don't lie :>

Brian SD

Reaction score
I don't understand. You have over 100 posts, so obviously you've read and participated to some extent in this forum. Yet your post implies that someone (anyone) here actually alleged that Levi's are the best jeans.

Why not go to the Social forum and post a thread, "Is Budweiser really the best beer?"

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I don't understand. You have over 100 posts, so obviously you've read and participated to some extent in this forum. Yet your post implies that someone (anyone) here actually alleged that Levi's are the best jeans.

Why not go to the Social forum and post a thread, "Is Budweiser really the best beer?"

Is blue the best color?

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 514 are a good cut. But the vast majority of Levi's are like this:
Le-560-ComfortFit-MediumStonewash.jpg

I'm a complete ignoramus in denim, so you'll have to educate me: why is that picture so terrible?

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Étienne
I'm a complete ignoramus in denim, so you'll have to educate me: why is that picture so terrible?

They make you look like a dad, and not in a good way.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
More specifically, they make you look like a dad extra in an episode of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman. Not that I've ever seen it.

samurai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD

This thread is really hysterical. My favorite comment so far is that SF has "quite possibly the most collective denim knowledge ever." Every time I revisit this pompous statement I get the giggles.

The reason the above statement is ridiculous is that there is really not all that much to know about denim. Period. We're talking about jeans! There are different brands and different colors, and some differences in how they are sown together, but that's really about it.

If a few of you guys want to pretend that you have some kind of special and deep knowledge about denim, be my guests. It just makes me laugh harder every time I see another such post.

I put up a fairly innocent post to pass the time, and what follows is an avalanch of self- righteous pronouncements, trying to tell me that I asked a stupid question. If the question was so uninteresting why have there been over 50 responses from people trying to convince me that they know something special that I don't.

The main thing that strikes me in all of the responses so far is that not one single person has said anything useful, informative or even slightly interesting about denim.

Anyway, go ahead. Knock yourselves out. The joke's on you.
smile.gif

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samurai
This thread is really hysterical. My favorite comment so far is that SF has "quite possibly the most collective denim knowledge ever." Every time I revisit this pompous statement I get the giggles.

The reason the above statement is ridiculous is that there is really not all that much to know about denim. Period. We're talking about jeans! There are different brands and different colors, and some differences in how they are sown together, but that's really about it.

If a few of you guys want to pretend that you have some kind of special and deep knowledge about denim, be my guests. It just makes me laugh harder every time I see another such post.

I put up a fairly innocent post to pass the time, and what follows is an avalanch of self- righteous pronouncements, trying to tell me that I asked a stupid question. If the question was so uninteresting why have there been over 50 responses from people trying to convince me that they know something special that I don't.

The main thing that strikes me in all of the responses so far is that not one single person has said anything useful, informative or even slightly interesting about denim.

smile.gif

If there is so little to know then why would you even ask the question? Shouldn't you just know or is your intellect so taxed by just breathing and shoving Twinkies in your mouth that you cannot figure out even the simplest answers?

Troll.jpg

samurai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Silverback
If there is so little to know then why would you even ask the question? Shouldn't you just know or is your intellect so taxed by just breathing and shoving Twinkies in your mouth that you cannot figure out even the simplest answers?

Troll.jpg

Nice. Have another beer, pal.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samurai

smile.gif

+1

Dudes, it's denim!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads