• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are Levi 501s uncool?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
They're as cool as a white t-shirt. An old, stretched white t-shirt with yellow pit and neck stains. :coal:

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That kind of cool is called "Vintage". We're currently on a vintage fad no?

officeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Astronaut888
so...is the deal w/ 514s to get a size up w/ regards to waist? I have a pair ordered online in my TTS waist and they fit like leggings And dudes don't come much skinnier than myself
Well everyone is built different, I have a 35 waist and am about 34-35 were my jeans sit and wear a 32 in Levis. But I'm pretty straight in the middle, and have small hips.
Originally Posted by mike868y
kid cudi used to wear them.
Does a high waist count if you wear them below your underwear?
kid-cudi.jpg

Surfrider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by officeboy
Does a high waist count if you wear them below your underwear?
kid-cudi.jpg

I'll agree that some of the conventions the average SFer has adopted are silly too, but **** me if that waistband-below-the-curvature-of-your-ass thing doesn't look absolutely ******* ridiculous. Every time I see somebody like that, I can't help but snicker, and have to restrain the urge to openly mock them; "Damn bro, you're so cool and edgy with your two-decade-old look." I understand that the mega-sag thing is part of "street/hip-hop culture," but many of the denizens thereof need to realize that you don't have to do everything your chosen culture does, that you don't have to be a walking cliche to have cred. Sheeple - of any stripe - are pathetic.

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Astronaut888
so...is the deal w/ 514s to get a size up w/ regards to waist?

I have a pair ordered online in my TTS waist and they fit like leggings
And dudes don't come much skinnier than myself

depends.

mrpoizun

Reaction score
I haven't bought a pair of 501s since they stopped being made in the USA (not counting the $200 kind), but they used to always be a lower rise than standard.
Frankly, a guy in super low rise jeans looks like he mugged Britney Spears and stole her pair. In other words, not too manly. The same for someone who shows three inches of boxer above his waistband.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads