• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

are IWC watches cheaper in Hong Kong than in the UK?

Reaction score
Hello there,

I am making a business trip to Hong Kong in April and am currently looking to pick up an IWC Portofino. I live in the UK and was wondering if I could get a (100000% original non fake) IWC at a better price in hong kong?

The Portofino's seem to be found for £2000 in the UK

I love the IW371417, but after trying it on I think it's just slightly too bulky for my 'classic' tastes.

Where should I look to buy IWC watches in Hong Kong? How much cheaper/more expensive are they likely to be than in the UK?

Appreciate your help

Baby Pink

Reaction score
Yes, discounts are standard at any jewellery store in HK. But the discount will depend on the model and supply etc. Shop around as discount levels can vary from shop to shop. Try Prince Jewellery, they are reputable and they have several outlets both on the island and Kowloon.

But if you go to a standalone IWC store (there's one in Central) then there will be NO discount.

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your reply. I will wait until my trip to HK in that case

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not just that, you also save on the tax/GST or w/e its called. Btw usually if you offer to pay in cash they will be willing to give quite a bit of discount, and not just from retailers even at the authorized dealers.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
may not hold true since IWC afaik is trying to control the retail price but a 30% discount might still be be possible in HK

erdavis

Reaction score
FYI: We have 2 Official IWC Stores here in Hong Kong. There are many other sellers as well.

ApplesHK

Reaction score
There's a stand-alone store in Elements shopping mall above Kowloon station but they gave me a high price on the small Pilot. In other shops around Central I encountered similar prices and the usual shark-like service.

The best price and best service was found in a shop opposite Times Square in Causeway Bay. Just to give you some idea, the small Pilot was offered up at $27,000 HK. I reckon that's a lot of watch for the money.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Do the official IWC offer a good base price? I suppose I should find their prices first and then see who will go less

Thanks again

ChadHahn

Reaction score
Another option, if HK is anything like Japan is to buy used. In Japan, there are used watch shops that sell watches that look like new at good discounts. Of course check the Authorized Dealers first to get their best price and then look at the used watches to see if you can get a better deal.

Chad

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 599
Thanks for the replies.

Do the official IWC offer a good base price? I suppose I should find their prices first and then see who will go less

Thanks again

IWC offers their watches at full retail prices. You can probably find a current price list on a watch forum. I don't know for a fact whether they discount prices or not, but my thinking would be no. Quite insane considering there are ADs that will give a discount. I know even big timers want to know they aren't paying full retail.

Have you determined your preference for grey market vs. AD?

iDoc

Reaction score
I checked out several ADs in Central and TST. All gave a set discount of 15% off retail. The salesman at Prince in TST said that they couldn't do better than 15% because of IWC's price control in HK. Not much of a deal to be found, especially considering that the retail price is higher to begin with in HK. For example, the retail price of the stainless steel Portugese chrono is $56,000 HKD (~$7180 USD) vs $6,800 USD back home.

Anyone know if/where I can get a deeper discount in HK?

ronnie77

Reaction score
btw, there is a standalone shop in Tsim Sha Tsui also.. in Heritage (the new mall next to star ferry) watches there are pretty expensive. you get discounts elsewhere

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Have you determined your preference for grey market vs. AD?

If you're not completely sure about model and the above question, may as well check out TZ to get a sense of resale value and whether you would consider buying 'vintage' (as its value will typically depreciate by ~20% once you leave the store).

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S with so many 599 did not complete the thread which he started by advising us what he found. Regrettable.

sf_esq

Reaction score
I'm thinking about picking up an IWC watch in HK too. Does anyone know if they accept trade ins in HK? I have a barely worn (albeit not new, obviously) Rolex that I don't wear that I want to either sell or trade in. I can trade in or sell in the U.S., but would prefer to do it in HK if I can get a better deal on a purchase. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics