Are European Women more classy than American Women?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Soph, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Soph

Soph Senior member

Check out the green eyes on the blond in the yellow top. Damn, that could make you lose all your money

2. auto90403

auto90403 Senior member

Santa Monica, California/McLean, Virginia
    Nice pics of the babes, but you'll see the same thing in any decent LA/NYC/Chi club.

Any halfway decent restaurant in winter in Palm Beach is full of babes like those in the pics. Or during the summer in the Hamptons. Or anytime of the year in Malibu and Santa Monica.

And red state America has lots of VFW chapters, biker bars and the like where the people are as nasty looking as those Brits.

The best way to look at it is like this -- good looking women in Europe and America are generally found in places where the men have money, power, and status. (With Capitol Hill in Washington being the notable exception.)

3. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Nice pics of the babes, but you'll see the same thing in any decent LA/NYC/Chi club.

Any halfway decent restaurant in winter in Palm Beach is full of babes like those in the pics. Or during the summer in the Hamptons. Or anytime of the year in Malibu and Santa Monica.

And red state America has lots of VFW chapters, biker bars and the like where the people are as nasty looking as those Brits.

The best way to look at it is like this -- good looking women in Europe and America are generally found in places where the men have money, power, and status. (With Capitol Hill in Washington being the notable exception.)

Wait, I thought we were talking about where women are more classy. The women in the pictures from Stockholm are very good looking no doubt, but I wouldn't call them classy. In fact, they look pretty trashy to me. One of them is wearing a tank top with no bra - that has huge slut written all over it. I thought when the guy posted the pictures of the women in Stockholm he was posting them as evidence of how un-classy the women are in the pictures.

The bottom line is that you can't say the women of Europe as a whole are classier than the women in the US as a whole for a couple of reasons: (1) Europe is made up of several different countries where people have several different levels of classiness, (2) it appears everyone has a different definition of what it means to be class, (3) within each country there are women who are classy and women who are not.

Be that as it may, I would vote for the United States simply based on the fact that in my experience women here have had an easier time breaking into professional areas that were historically dominated by men - e.g., lawyers, doctors, accountants, bankers, etc. Since women in Europe have had a harder time breaking into those professions, I'd say that their are more classy women in America; whereas in Europe women are a little trashier because they're desperate to find a rich man who will take them away and support them. At least that's been my experience with Europe.

4. Buddy Love

Buddy Love Senior member

Since women in Europe have had a harder time breaking into those professions, I'd say that their are more classy women in America; whereas in Europe women are a little trashier because they're desperate to find a rich man who will take them away and support them. At least that's been my experience with Europe.
    What countries have you visited? [​IMG] Sounds like poor former-USSR countries...

5. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

What countries have you visited? [​IMG] Sounds like poor former-USSR countries...

You're telling me that those girls in the Stockholm pictures don't look like desperate gold-digging tramps?

6. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

You're telling me that those girls in the Stockholm pictures don't look like desperate gold-digging tramps?

They look like Spring Breakers in South Beach to me.

7. Buddy Love

Buddy Love Senior member

whereas in Europe women are a little trashier because they're desperate to find a rich man who will take them away and support them.
    So you made that conclusion from the pictures I posted? You actually haven't visited any european countries yourself? (and to answer that other question, not really...maybe they are not "classy", but they are hot anyway [​IMG])

8. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

They look like Spring Breakers in South Beach to me.

Yeah, me too and I wouldn't call Spring Breakers in South Beach classy either. My point was only that I think there are more successful, independent, professional women in America than there are in Europe and these women are more likely to be considered classy than the women in the Stockholm pictures.

9. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

So you made that conclusion from the pictures I posted? You actually haven't visited any european countries yourself?

(and to answer that other question, not really...maybe they are not "classy", but they are hot anyway [​IMG])

I was born in a European country.

EDIT: Btw, the country I was born in is in Eastern Europe in all fairness. Which just goes to show how ambiguous and pointless the original question is.

10. Jen

Jen Senior member

European women do wear more scarves, though!

11. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

So you made that conclusion from the pictures I posted? You actually haven't visited any european countries yourself? (and to answer that other question, not really...maybe they are not "classy", but they are hot anyway [​IMG])
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that odoreater has extensive experience with everyone's favorite species, Jersey Girls. So, in a word, yes.

12. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that odoreater has extensive experience with everyone's favorite species, Jersey Girls. So, in a word, yes.

Haha, yeah. I've seen the upside and downside of classiness. But, even though I live and die by Jersey, I was actually not born here. I am a Jersean by choice. [​IMG]

13. Buddy Love

Buddy Love Senior member

EDIT: Btw, the country I was born in is in Eastern Europe in all fairness. Which just goes to show how ambiguous and pointless the original question is.
    True. I have myself visited both Eastern & Western European countries and there's quite a bit difference between countries.And since Europe isn't a country...but maybe the original thread starter meant that we should also include Southern American countries (Peru, Argentina, Ecuador, Bolivia)? So are Bolivian women classier than French women? Discuss.

14. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

True. I have myself visited both Eastern & Western European countries and there's quite a bit difference between countries.And since Europe isn't a country...but maybe the original thread starter meant that we should also include Southern American countries (Peru, Argentina, Ecuador, Bolivia)?

So are Bolivian women classier than French women? Discuss.

Well, I think the second part of the question is less ambiguous than the first part. Usually only people from the US are referred to as "Americans" though I guess it's possible to refer to anyone from North or South America as "American" [​IMG]

I don't think I've ever met any Bolivian women. The French women that I've known are pretty classy (but again, that's limited to the French women that I've actually known and met). I've been to Russia, where the women did not strike me as particularly classy. Most of the Polish women I've met haven't struck me as classy either. The women from the country where I was born, which was part of the former Yugoslavia, are neither classy nor trashy - somewhere in between I guess (though there are certainly trashy and classy examples). Yugoslavia was one of the "non-alligned" powers, so it didn't really get too much influence from either the former-USSR or from the West, maybe that's why the women there don't resemble either one. I've been to the Netherlands, but I don't have anything to say about their women.

15. Buddy Love

Buddy Love Senior member

Well, I think the second part of the question is less ambiguous than the first part. Usually only people from the US are referred to as "Americans" though I guess it's possible to refer to anyone from North or South America as "American" [​IMG]
    That wasn't my point. Now the question is more like "Let's compare Vegetables and Oranges". It would be more proper to discuss: A) Vegetables vs Fruits or B) Cucumber vs Oranges We should achive the balanced state of ambiguity. [​IMG]