1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Are ermengeldo zegna shoes any good?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lsquare, Dec 29, 2006.

1. kronik

kronik Senior member

I tried this pair of Zegna at Neiman Marcus the other day. It has that Patte a Mano logo on the sole and the colour of the sole is beige. What do you guys think? Is this pair of shoes worth $395?

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...550cat10650732

The shoes you tried on are likely Mantellasis - these are not they.

The pair of shoes you tried on, if they did say Fatte a Mano, are probably worth 395 if they fit you well and you really like them, as they are very well-made.

2. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Read Ed's post above. Good buy at < $200. They are not Mantellassi made, which retail for $600-$700.

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I have a pair of Zegna bluchers with "fatte a mano" inscribed on the sole. Although they look nice, the leather on some areas began having minute cracks like it dried up. I do not know how this happened.

4. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

The shoes you tried on are likely Mantellasis - these are not they. The pair of shoes you tried on, if they did say Fatte a Mano, are probably worth 395 if they fit you well and you really like them, as they are very well-made.
    Yes, the pair that I tried does have Patte a Mano inscribed on the sole of the beige sole. The fit was pretty good and I want to get it, but if you guys don't think it's worth the $395, then I think I'll go for something else. Btw, did anyone here tried the Lidfort shoes made for Barney? It retails for almost $600 after tax.

5. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Reviving this thread, as I happened into a Zegna store and fell in love with a pair of their couture shoes. They seem very well made to my naked, yet inexperienced eye. They read goodyear welted on the sole and have three nails near the front, as well as three x's near the logo. Is the consensus still that they're fairly well made shoes? Price point is a grand, which doesn't seem to have changed much since 2006.

They feel a little tight around the widest part of my foot (i.e., just behind the toes)...is that something that I assume should stretch or will this be a problem down the line? Length is right and otherwise they feel great on my feet.

My other dress shoes are Goodyear welted Paraboots or Louis Vuitton loafers (moved on from the latter, thankfully).

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  6. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

If you're paying full price why aren't you getting a size that fits?

7. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I guess I read a lot of conflicting threads on these forums that dress shoes should fit snugly and then stretch and then others who say you shouldn't feel them at all when trying on. 8.5 would be too long for me (the width didn't change unless I would jump up a couple sizes or so).

I like the aesthetic most of all, of course.

8. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Women are famous for buying shoes too small because they like how they look. Don't do it

9. jamesny

jamesny Senior member

Their selections are limited at the stores.

10. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Strong, strong argument! The salesperson was like "oh, ours are always a tad narrow, but they stretch..." I can almost buy the first part, since I probably have fat American feet, but I'm not sold on the stretching.

11. tintinmax

tintinmax New Member

Their shoes are not that good.
    I bought a leather pair for 1000 bucks but they hurt my feet..
    I bought a zegna sport runner for 700 and they still hurt.. and the heels wear down too fast
    i prefer to wear nike cheaper and more durable