1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Are ermengeldo zegna shoes any good?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lsquare, Dec 29, 2006.

1. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

Are their shoes worth the money?

2. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I think they have a line that's made by some kind of joint venture with Ferragmo, made to the same standards as SF's Tramezzas. Also, I've noticed that Zegnas are almost always available at the outlets (DSW, SOF, NMLC).

3. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

I think they have a line that's made by some kind of joint venture with Ferragmo, made to the same standards as SF's Tramezzas. Also, I've noticed that Zegnas are almost always available at the outlets (DSW, SOF, NMLC).

In other words, they're not worth it?

Does the outlets have all of Zegna's shoes?

4. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

In other words, they're not worth it?

Does the outlets have all of Zegna's shoes?

What makes you think they're not worth it? If they are the ones made to Tramezza standard, they are well worth it. The construction, quality, and leather of Tramezzas is superb and personally I prefer them over Edward Greens, John Lobbs and Crockett & Jones (all of which I own).

5. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I love these (black shoes, the horror [​IMG] ) and when price is taken into account , they compare quite favorably to Lobb and Green.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. andyw

andyw Senior member

Hi all..the Zegna Outlet at Woodbury has a 50% plus another 20% sale in progress.....and I saw these Zegna Monks there this morning........marked down to around $300!

7. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Not all Zegna shoes are made to Tramezza standards. They have cheaper lines that are not as well constructed as the ones Ed showed. The good one usually have fatte a mano inscribed on the sole. The Zegna Couture shoes are excellent and well worth the $300 you can get them for on eBay imo.

8. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hi all..the Zegna Outlet at Woodbury has a 50% plus another 20% sale in progress.....and I saw these Zegna Monks there this morning........marked down to around $300!

Ah, grasshopper, by the time you found the sale, the shoes were already having taps put on [​IMG]

9. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

For those who don't know:

SF don't make Tramezzas. Renzo Tattini of Florence does. Has been for years.

10. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

For those who don't know: SF don't make Tramezzas. Renzo Tattini of Florence does. Has been for years.
    What's SF? Also, can someone tell me if Calvin Klein Collection shoes are of any good quality?

11. Leaveitothexperts

Leaveitothexperts Senior member

What's SF?

Also, can someone tell me if Calvin Klein Collection shoes are of any good quality?

SF = Salvatore Ferragamo

CK shoes, from reading on this forum for sometime now, I'd say "stay away", but I'm sure you are going to get more comments on this.

12. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

I have two pairs of Zegna shoes with a composite leather/rubber sole that I'm extremely happy with. In fact, my second pair I just bought yesterday. My first pair have seen heavy wear over the past two years and have had the heel counter replaced once by Zegna for a reasonable sum. They still look fantastic and are among the most comfortable shoes I own.

13. lifersfc

lifersfc Senior member

I was under the impression that some Zegna couture shoes were actually made by Sutor Mantellassi.

14. VMan

VMan Senior member

I do like the styling of many Zegna shoes, especially the higher-end models. Quite versatile, and look to be lasting in both style and quality.

15. thinman

thinman Senior member

I was under the impression that some Zegna couture shoes were actually made by Sutor Mantellassi.
    AFAIK, the Zegna Couture shoes with clusters of 3 nails on the soles are made by Mantellassi; the others are made through the joint venture with SF. I've only found one pair at SOF and they appeared very well-made (comparable to Tramezzas, which I like very much). I've never seen them at NMLC or DSW.

16. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

please search for the term, zefer.

17. lifersfc

lifersfc Senior member

AFAIK, the Zegna Couture shoes with clusters of 3 nails on the soles are made by Mantellassi; the others are made through the joint venture with SF. I've only found one pair at SOF and they appeared very well-made (comparable to Tramezzas, which I like very much). I've never seen them at NMLC or DSW.

Good thing my Zegna monks have the three-nail clusters then...

18. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

My FAM Z Zegna Chelsea boots are the shizznit, incredibly soft and nice leather, seemingly good construction, nice design. IMHO the SF for Zegna stuff has much better designs than SF's own stuff.

19. Python

Python Active Member

Personally, I love the styling of Zegna and Ferragamo footwear (regardless of their construction merits) and would buy them before anything by John Lobb, etc., even if the latter may be better-constructed - at my age (27) I want shoes which look great and are trendy, not necessarily shoes which will last a lifetime. Gucci, Prada and Costume National too (although only the ones not made from corrected-grain leather - can't stand the shiny, plasticky look). RM Williams, too, for boots (can't leave them out, as a loyal Australian...).

20. Sator

Sator Senior member

I am horrified at the mention in the same thread of Tramezzas along with Calvin Klein, Gucci, Prada and Costume National. Compared to Tramezzas all of the others are frightfully overpriced rubbish. I guess someone has to pay for all that advertising....

If Sutor Mantellassi make Tramezzas the moon is made of cheese for the last shapes, contruction even sizing between them are indeed like chalk and cheese.