1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Are Coogi sweaters still in style?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by intlnews, Jan 13, 2011.

1. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

I bet a black guy in certain parts of Detroit could get some play wearing a Coogi.

1 person likes this.
  2. Patek

Patek Senior member

[​IMG]

Wow, I did not even know what they were. Thanks for enlightening me. I will now go put a fork through my eyeball to feel better.

3. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

:lol: I still wear my mine, fashion, style or trend be damned. :hide:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  4. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Among other things...

[​IMG]

The Oz I know say, "Not!"

:spew: :lol:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  5. cronicmole

cronicmole Senior member

6. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

In Indiana we have still have white guys wearing Coogi sweaters at the Colts and Pacers games.

7. apack

apack Senior member

I have a couple, and wear them very occasionally when I'm in the mood. One is a classic heavy cotton pullover in Cosby style, and the other is a heavy cardigan in wool that is bright but very well made (also smooth instead of having that ruffled/textured fabric). At the times I choose to wear them, I most certainly do not care that they're not in style. They are, shall we say, expressive, and more than a little chaotic.

8. Abstraktmind

Abstraktmind Senior member

Take it from a black man, FUCK NO.

9. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Coogi and Robert Graham have something in common. Crap, trashy, horrendously awful, but a segment of the population think these brands are the definition of coolness. They have their niche market, collectors love em, but anyone with taste will use these garments for wiping the rim of their toilet.

10. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

I'm not familiar with the brand, but are they those big chunky things with garish colours and patterns, popular in the 80s I think? I certainly wouldn't wear one now.

11. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

They look great under a nice navy peacoat.

12. cybermooks

cybermooks New Member

I've owned these sweaters since the 80s and continue to acquire them as good ones turn up. Ironically I never associated them with Cosby or hip hop; those associations came later; I just saw them and liked them. If you want to wear the same clothes as everyone else they're not for you. But if you want something unique- and each one is different, you can't go wrong with these. They will also only appreciate over time. Tundra sweaters from Canada are just as good. The only downside with either one is you have to watch out for pulls.