• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are Chukkas still in? Were they ever in?

Chukkas Still In?

• Yes

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Infinitoz

Reaction score
CHUKKAS YEAH OR NAY?

I'm considering buying some more chukka boots but I don't know if they are in or not. I know that Chelsea boots are pretty popular right now but I'm not really feeling those boots. Chukkas are more my style but I don't see that many people with them around where I live. IMO i'm probably gonna still buy chukkas no matter what most people are wearing but what are your opinions on chukkas. There are a lot of brands that sell them now a days and its easier to find one that's affordable and that fits your style.

Thanks.

Eucris

Reaction score
"Still in"? They're a classic pair of boots, and that's that.

Infinitoz

Reaction score
I didn't necessarily mean "in", more like I just haven't seen that many where I'm at( LA) and thought they could use some loving. Chukkas are my favorite boots.

Eucris

Reaction score
Their popularity shouldn't concern you. If you are looking for some inspiration, check out what Vass has to offer.

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chukkas are a little like green neckties, in that at some points in the fashion cycle they're more popular than at others, but even when at the nadir of their popularity, one can still wear them.

Naturally, wearing chukkas (or a green necktie) can be a terrible idea in certain places and situations. But that's true for anything one might wear.

Infinitoz

Reaction score
Lol where so? Among my crowd(18-20) I rarely see anyone wearing boots let alone work boots.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm considering buying some more chukka boots but I don't know if they are in or not.

FFS buy them if you like them and don't worry about what is "in".

Chukkas are a little like green neckties, in that at some points in the fashion cycle they're more popular than at others, but even when at the nadir of their popularity, one can still wear them.

Naturally, wearing chukkas (or a green necktie) can be a terrible idea in certain places and situations. But that's true for anything one might wear.

I'm struggling to come up with even a short list. Terrible idea with a tux or with a swimsuit at the beach, but between those extremes I'd say they are exceptionally versatile. My chukkas take me from chinos and moleskins all the way to jacket and odd trousers. When I reach a point where I have little need of formal business suits, I could be in chukkas pretty much all the time.

LIMatt

Reaction score
I have two pairs, CDBs and Rancourts. I wear them with jeans and chinos. Love 'em :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics