1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Are Cell Phones Accessories?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tck13, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

I say absolutely not. I find they look terrible on people's belts (and wherever else they put them). Do I put it on my belt? Yes, I'm guilty but I try to hide it (or forget about it) if possible

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

They're kind of tacky if used as an accessory.

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Cell phones are a utilitarian device. That being said, they should at least look good.

Jon.

4. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Honestly I don't care what my phone looks like, as long as it works.

5. j

j Senior member Admin

For the amount of time that some people have them to their ear, I can see why they care how they look. Mine mostly stays in my pocket. When I pull it out people want to look at it, but I'm sure mostly because it's new (the Q). It actually looks really, really boring in my opinion, which is fine. I hate silver electronics though, so that counts for a lot. A black one would be much better looking.

6. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

They are necessities not accessories, but they do reflect one's taste and therefore have to look good when in use, the only time they should be in sight.

7. kronik

kronik Senior member

If you're wearing a bespoke Kiton with bespoke Lobbs, then I mean.. come on, you need a Vertu and an Amex Black. ACCESSORIES. [​IMG]

(No, they're not accessories. They're functional electronic devices used to make telephone calls and cause accidents.)

8. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Cell phones are the work of the devil--period.

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I'd say they are an accessory. If a wallet is an accessory, a cell phone definitely is.

10. jml90

jml90 Senior member

I'd say they aren't. But I can see why people say they are
    But then again aren't most clothes really utilitarian?

11. Matt

Matt Senior member

As much as I would like to say "no, simply a utilitarian device etc), i say they are.

I basically chose my SLVR because I really like how it looks. As a utilitarian device, its not that good - but it does get a lot of compliments.

Personally Id rather have a nice looking phone than an overpriced mechanical watch.

*seeks shelter*