1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Are Carlo Franco ties any good

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BjornH, Nov 5, 2004.

1. BjornH

BjornH Well-Known Member

I gave as good an answer as I honestly could, considering that I don't have first hand experience with Chuck's ties.

Perhaps somebody who has one could do Chuck a favor and give them a thumbs up there ?

B

2. FIHTies

FIHTies Well-Known Member

Why dont you just link one of the huge writeups from here to there? http://www.styleforum.net/cgi-bin....+franco JJF

3. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

(BjornH @ 05 Nov. 2004, 08:33) I gave as good an answer as I honestly could, considering that I don't have first hand experience with Chuck's ties. Perhaps somebody who has one could do Chuck a favor and give them a thumbs up there ? B
    Why dont you just link one of the huge writeups from here to there? http://www.styleforum.net/cgi-bin....+franco JJF
    Done

4. linux_pro

linux_pro Well-Known Member

Hello, I had posted that question about Carlo Franco, and someone posted a bunch of great links with info. I wanted to thank whoever did that. For some reason, when I ran a search on this forum, it did not come up with anything. I think it was because I had not yet registered for an account.

Anyway, after reading some of that info, I decided to order one of the 7-fold ties, and also one of his shirts. They are very affordable, and I figure that if I do not like them, I have not really lost much. But, from what I have read, I am not expecting disappointment. I am not entirely picky - I just like shirts that fit well, last a while, and look good. Cost is really unimportant to me, as a good shirt will last a while and actually provides value (they are comfortable during those interminable business meetings I am sure we have all suffered through). For years, I have stuck with Zegna and Ike Behar, because that is what I am used to. However, I have become unhappy with the way their shirts fit me, and figure it is worth the time and effort to find a better shirt if I can.

After placing the order, I sent an email to Charles (I believe that is his name), asking about his shirts and got a very friendly personal reply. I thought it was quite excellent that he sent me a reply like that, it really shows a level of service that I could only call exemplary. I mean, I only bought one tie and shirt from him, and would not expect such an in-depth reply to my email.

Anyway... thanks for all the help. I will stick around this forum for a bit, because I have found all kinds of great info on here.