Are Carlo Franco ties any good

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BjornH, Nov 5, 2004.

1. BjornH

BjornH Senior member

I gave as good an answer as I honestly could, considering that I don't have first hand experience with Chuck's ties.

Perhaps somebody who has one could do Chuck a favor and give them a thumbs up there ?

B

2. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member

Why dont you just link one of the huge writeups from here to there? http://www.styleforum.net/cgi-bin....+franco JJF

3. Kai

Kai Senior member

(BjornH @ 05 Nov. 2004, 08:33) I gave as good an answer as I honestly could, considering that I don't have first hand experience with Chuck's ties. Perhaps somebody who has one could do Chuck a favor and give them a thumbs up there ? B
    Why dont you just link one of the huge writeups from here to there? http://www.styleforum.net/cgi-bin....+franco JJF
    Done

4. linux_pro

linux_pro Senior member

Hello, I had posted that question about Carlo Franco, and someone posted a bunch of great links with info. I wanted to thank whoever did that. For some reason, when I ran a search on this forum, it did not come up with anything. I think it was because I had not yet registered for an account.

Anyway, after reading some of that info, I decided to order one of the 7-fold ties, and also one of his shirts. They are very affordable, and I figure that if I do not like them, I have not really lost much. But, from what I have read, I am not expecting disappointment. I am not entirely picky - I just like shirts that fit well, last a while, and look good. Cost is really unimportant to me, as a good shirt will last a while and actually provides value (they are comfortable during those interminable business meetings I am sure we have all suffered through). For years, I have stuck with Zegna and Ike Behar, because that is what I am used to. However, I have become unhappy with the way their shirts fit me, and figure it is worth the time and effort to find a better shirt if I can.

After placing the order, I sent an email to Charles (I believe that is his name), asking about his shirts and got a very friendly personal reply. I thought it was quite excellent that he sent me a reply like that, it really shows a level of service that I could only call exemplary. I mean, I only bought one tie and shirt from him, and would not expect such an in-depth reply to my email.

Anyway... thanks for all the help. I will stick around this forum for a bit, because I have found all kinds of great info on here.