• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are Burberry Shirts Made in USA Produced by Gitman Bros.

heard546

Reaction score
I recently read the statement below on another fashion board, and wanted to know if this is true?

Gitman also makes (the last that I heard) all of the Burberry shirts sold in the US as well as numerous store brands. The only shirt that is outsourced is the wrinkle free shirt (for both KG and GB).

-tony

amemovox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by heard546
I recently read the statement below on another fashion board, and wanted to know if this is true?

Gitman also makes (the last that I heard) all of the Burberry shirts sold in the US as well as numerous store brands. The only shirt that is outsourced is the wrinkle free shirt (for both KG and GB).

-tony

Recently, I purchased my first Burberry shirt. It is marked "Burberry London" There is another
small tag that says "Made in the U.S.A." Shirt is well made and I was curious as to the maker.
It may be, if your info is correct, a Gitman product. Thanks for the info.

heard546

Reaction score
I've purchased several Burberry Recently, and encountered the same thing with one tag stating made in London, and another Made in USA. In either case the shirts are great.

JPYPSU07

Reaction score
Yes they are. They also make some Hickey Freeman shirts as well as their own labels and other store brand labels. They have a factory sale every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I believe the Burberry are $30 or $40 for first quality, Hickey Freeman are $30 and their other brands are $20. They also have a selection of Burberry ties. Also saw some Kiton, Holland and Sherry, and their own label ties as well. Ties are all $20. The Factory is in Ashland, PA if anyone is interested.

winotaur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JPYPSU07
Yes they are. They also make some Hickey Freeman shirts as well as their own labels and other store brand labels. They have a factory sale every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I believe the Burberry are $30 or $40 for first quality, Hickey Freeman are $30 and their other brands are $20. They also have a selection of Burberry ties. Also saw some Kiton, Holland and Sherry, and their own label ties as well. Ties are all $20. The Factory is in Ashland, PA if anyone is interested.

Do you know the hours for the factory store? do they carry Thom Browne shirts as well?

JPYPSU07

Reaction score
Call
Office
2309 Chestnut Street
Ashland, PA 17921
Tel +1 570 875 3100

For the hours I believe it is the afternoons on tuesday and thursday and then Saturday mornings. They can be a little chancy around the holidays sometimes the lady just doesn't show up. Last time I was there, I did not see any Thom Browne shirts. But they may have them.

heard546

Reaction score
Thanks. That's very helpful.

-tony

heard546

Reaction score
I wish there was a factory outlet here in Dallas, TX. I could overhaul my shirt collection for a lot less than what we pay here in Texas, even for items on sale are no where close to the prices you listed above.

-tony

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by winotaur
do they carry Thom Browne shirts as well?

eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics