• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are Bluefly and Yoox really that "cheap"?

bugatti.veyron

Reaction score
As someone who used to pay close to retail for designer brands, I thought bluefly and yoox were good...until I started comparing the prices to stuff on ebay and the B&S forum. It feels like I'm paying at least double what I should be for like corneliani shirts or theory pants

Do people on SF buy a lot of stuff from these two sites? Or are there other places online where I can get better deals?

Made in California

Reaction score
Agree with the last two posters-

Yoox:
inlove.gif

Bluefly:
plain.gif

acl1

Reaction score
bluefly's kinda like yoox for the masses, except with crappier deals. wait around for clearance every season on yoox, there's literally hundreds of awesome scores.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acl1
bluefly's kinda like yoox for the masses, except with crappier deals. wait around for clearance every season on yoox, there's literally hundreds of awesome scores.

Does that happen at any specific time? I've never really shopped at Yoox, but Hundreds Of Awesome Scores sounds appealing.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dont let the fact that you see alot of preowned items on here and eBay skew your sense of pricing too - NWT items (obviously) always fetch more. you dont get preowned on yoox or bluefly. (Ive never got anything from either site tbh..)

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought from Bluefly about three years ago when they had Lobb's on deep discount. Nothing has interested me since then.

willgro

Reaction score
Ordered on Yoox recently, wonderful experience.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bugatti.veyron
As someone who used to pay close to retail for designer brands, I thought bluefly and yoox were good...until I started comparing the prices to stuff on ebay and the B&S forum. It feels like I'm paying at least double what I should be for like corneliani shirts or theory pants

Do people on SF buy a lot of stuff from these two sites? Or are there other places online where I can get better deals?

Well, seeing as I only buy brand new, only buy items I can return and only make purchases via credit card (not paypal), all of which are standard for Yoox and Bluefly, I don't really consider them an equal comparison to B&S/eBay.

That being said, I find Yoox has better prices on more obscure pieces than Bluefly.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been really happy with Yoox. Lots of odd colors and ugly items that couldn't be sold at retail, but there are some awesome diamonds in the rough. I check Yoox before I buy pretty much any clothing. Bluefly is close to retail and comes off as a pusher of eurotrash.

Friedrich

Reaction score
Speaking of Yoox, much depends on the situation. They usually have some kind of sale, and sometimes the prices there can be incredibly low. "Regular" Yoox prices, however, are significantly higher, although they may still be lower than what you're requested to pay in store.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willgro
Ordered on Yoox recently, wonderful experience.

+1

got some amazing deals from the most recent spring sale -- i can't wait for the fall/winter sales!

yoox has been a great find, especially for someone who lives in a sartorial wasteland like edmonton, alberta.

detroiter

Reaction score
Not much info on the suits buying from Yoox. How can i tell if the suits are pleated or not? Some of the suits in the pictures, the jackets look to be cut super short, are these trendy slim fitted suits? or are these normal suits? I wear a 44r so obviously i cant do a slim fitted suit because im overweight, but I am really interested in this suit but an ultra slim cut and no pleats would be a deal killer for me

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/ERMENE...S/sts/sr_men80

detroiter

Reaction score
On second thought I dont know close up it looks much cheaper than the zegna i own already.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads