• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are Biker wallets dead?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xwhu8myricex
oh? well, which chain wallets would would recommend? the chain is most important to me because I have to take an overly crowded subway everyone to class and don't want to be pick pocketed again

Mr Olive F.O.I. makes a more discreet leather chain wallet, quality is pretty good, riri zip, nice brushed satin hardware and it looks more "normal" than that brick wallet (sorry but it looks like you have an old brick cellphone in you back pocket with that thing)

They sell them in the US @ atsui in seattle

Originally Posted by bimmernate
I actually dig the look and cant find a decent leather chain for the life of me. Im not worried about the wallet I just want a leather chain preferably under 100 bucks and within the US...

Oh and I think it will go quite nice with my new sand DBs that just came in

They also sell the leather chain separately, its also a pretty nice chain, the leather is thick, chunky and chewy with brushed satin hardware.

They make them in green, purple, red, black and brown IIRC.

I had the black wallet/chain combo a couple years back and really liked it but I never really got used to wearing it with the chain, so I sold them last year on sufu.

Check it out,
http://shopatsui.blogspot.com/2008/0...cessories.html

btw- they also make matching leather belts for those walelt/chain combos.

KnowYourRights

Reaction score
I ride a motorcycle. And used to rock a chain wallet for years. It only takes one instance of your wallet working its way out of your pocket at speed before you realize, you'd better put a leash on it.

But since they seem to be the domain of dudes younger than me, I abandoned the chain wallet and just put my wallet in my front pocket when riding.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Mr. Olive wallets look like women's billfolds.

Fiddy

Reaction score
I think they're cool, but they can cause serious back problems.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I bypass the problem of pickpockets and stray wallets by just stuffing as much money as possible into my slightly wide CDG billfold, and then wear pants as tight as possible with tiny backpockets that won't let go of a wallet when on me. My money is inaccessible except when I really try to get it out and I look baller as **** in the process. (0)

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments here.....Atsui is now "Blue Owl Workshop"....see link above.

I currently do not stock any of the wallets or wallet chains, but they were popular for us. We can special order from Japan or look into a proxy. We just showed the Eagle of Indepedence line at Capsule and had a good response. There will be a few more stores stocking the wallets in the fall.

They are all 100% vegetable tanned leather and there are literally only 2 or 3 people in the entire world capable of doing this kind of work. They are pretty impressive to see in person. The tanning process is done using a raise and soak method (as opposed to tumbling which beats up the leather) which is very time consuming but creates much softer, yet durable leather. Colors are actually available in 6 colors (black, brown, beige, red, blue, and green.) Here is a link to our showroom blog that shows the fall/winter 2010 collection:
http://blueowlshowroom.blogspot.com/...-mr-olive.html
The designer showed me a new style he is launching probably in spring using deer skin.....so bad ass!!!

Oh....and the comment about women's wallets.....hahaha.....we actually sell quite a few of the accessories to women. Guys mostly buy the black and brown, but I would personally do red or beige. After a little wear, the colors become even more distinct.

Originally Posted by canstyleace
Mr Olive F.O.I. makes a more discreet leather chain wallet, quality is pretty good, riri zip, nice brushed satin hardware and it looks more "normal" than that brick wallet (sorry but it looks like you have an old brick cellphone in you back pocket with that thing)

They sell them in the US @ atsui in seattle

They also sell the leather chain separately, its also a pretty nice chain, the leather is thick, chunky and chewy with brushed satin hardware.

They make them in green, purple, red, black and brown IIRC.

I had the black wallet/chain combo a couple years back and really liked it but I never really got used to wearing it with the chain, so I sold them last year on sufu.

Check it out,
http://shopatsui.blogspot.com/2008/0...cessories.html

btw- they also make matching leather belts for those walelt/chain combos.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
Those Mr. Olive wallets look like women's billfolds.
Yeah, any other color than the black or brown and it does look kinda like a womens wallet imo, but the black and brown rock, and the wrinkled leather is really nice and chewy, fits great in back pocket and doesnt stick out that much like the RM and others alike. btw- my wife did use my black wallet a couple times before I sold it, iirc she made a loop with the leather chain and used it as a shoulder strap for the wallet.

kaizoku

Reaction score
Those veg tanned wallets look like they are made of penis. No ****.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got the blue and it's actually pretty cool in person. Not as strong as in pictures.

splattered

Reaction score
I don't really care for the wallets and stuff, but those boots are kinda cool looking... pricing?

**And i'm surprised to see people knocking the long wallets&chains/desert boots... seems like there are still a million threads for each on the forum.

I've never been into the desert boots but i've recently become interested in the longer work style wallets pref w leather tether... but more subtle than the crazy tumor wallets or overly western styled ones.

Its kinda funny how this board is so split sometimes

celticgent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KnowYourRights
I ride a motorcycle. And used to rock a chain wallet for years. It only takes one instance of your wallet working its way out of your pocket at speed before you realize, you'd better put a leash on it.

But since they seem to be the domain of dudes younger than me, I abandoned the chain wallet and just put my wallet in my front pocket when riding.

I ride one too, and I put my slim wallet in the front pocket of my jeans.

I have visions of the chain from a chain-drive wallet being pulled into my rear tire or belt-drive and messing **** up.

Sheepdog149

Reaction score
F@$k no! I rock a trucker style wallet/chain almost exclusively[emoji41][emoji1690]
20190304_210840.jpeg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
They've been dead for ten years until you resurrected this thread with your vintage 2008 nudies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads