• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are Biker wallets dead?

TrailofTears

Reaction score
Are you really a new poster? I thought this was "who8mahrice" using a not-so-disguised troll account? As for the thread, I don't have any interest in wallet chains and I don't really dig the look, but there are plenty on here that do, I believe. Try looking in the custom leather threads where people get repro's made all the time (search for "unlucky leather" or something like that). Oh, and welcome to the forum - I've been here over a year and the only thing I know is that I've learned a ton and still know nothing.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Look you'll get more respect if you don't listen to us dickheads and keep rockin it, rock what you like. Just don't go out and buy desert boots please.

hahaha +1

xwhu8myricex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrailofTears
Are you really a new poster? I thought this was "who8mahrice" using a not-so-disguised troll account? As for the thread, I don't have any interest in wallet chains and I don't really dig the look, but there are plenty on here that do, I believe. Try looking in the custom leather threads where people get repro's made all the time (search for "unlucky leather" or something like that). Oh, and welcome to the forum - I've been here over a year and the only thing I know is that I've learned a ton and still know nothing.

oh **** really? I HATE this username, Have had it since the "rice-days". I still use it because it is the fastest word I could type.

I think I'm gunna keep rocking these cuhz I still love em'.

xwhu8myricex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
i think having a really big ugly garish chain attached to a wallet so large that it's literally hanging out of your back pocket would make it more likely that your **** would get snatched

if you're really worried just keep it in a zipped up pocket in your jacket, your front pocket or on a dongle ...

The simple point is, the wallet is too big to go unnoticed if it was pickpocketed especially with its big ugly chain attached to my belt.

If I'm like any other guy I know, I cannot not have a wallet in my back pocket. It feels unnatural; I would have to constantly remind ****** where it is.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A less garish wallet and a smaller skein would look less, uh... bizarre. You can get genuine Red Moon at cultizm.com, long wallets from unlucky or Corter (small American leathermakers, unlucky has a thread in the buy and sell forum here), LeatherGoodsConnection offers some, etc.. If you want to get into proxying from Japan, there are also KC's wallets - http://translate.google.com/translat...ari%26rls%3Den

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rock what you like. I like them a lot but yeah, getting used to the bulkiness takes a bit of time.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you think it's badass, go for it. But honestly, don't hope for a legion of fans of any bandwagoners. It's a bit goofy IMO but rock what you'd like, some of my choices are goofy too.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats a really over the top wallet.

Ive stopped wearing my far less insane long wallet, so yes, they are dead.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After having my wallet stolen. I insisted on wearing a chain wallet. Eventually the chain broke off my NASCAR (srs) chain wallet, so now I just use the NASCAR wallet. It's been years since my wallet has been untethered to my person, and I feel surprisingly non-insecure about it.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That would look great with a new pair of Clarks Desert Boots!

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please no desert boots, but I think that the wallet looks fine.

bimmernate

Reaction score
I actually dig the look and cant find a decent leather chain for the life of me. Im not worried about the wallet I just want a leather chain preferably under 100 bucks and within the US...

Oh and I think it will go quite nice with my new sand DBs that just came in

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm tellin ya, DBs and a J. Crew secret wash shirt--that would make a killer look with that wallet thing.

If yr not cool with DBs, then some white Converse JPs.

Hehlol

Reaction score
If you don't want your wallet stolen how about you don't keep it in your back pocket? Rather than using that massive wallet, which clearly shows where your wallet is (and might be of value to someone itself, besides you), try putting a normal wallet in a breast pocket or even your front pocket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics