1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Are Americans becoming more Lazy?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by Pantisocrat, Sep 23, 2010.

1. JoelF

JoelF Senior member

I can't imagine why your parents didn't love you.

[​IMG]

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Ugh. Heading home for a vacation today and already remembering how much I hate stuff like this.

3. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Ugh. Heading home for a vacation today and already remembering how much I hate stuff like this.

Crappy threaks?

4. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

5. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I wouldn't necessarily call it laziness. Imo the problem is entitlement.

6. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

7. Eason

Eason Senior member

Yeah could be worth going back to being a Personal Trainer for. 99% fat-ass percentage, please.

8. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

It made me think though, if you manage to stay slim how much of an advantage is that in the jobmarket?
    enough of an advantage to allow you go earn enough to pay the taxes to support people too fat to wipe their own ass?

9. The Mitchelli

The Mitchelli Well-Known Member

I was an Englishman in New York for sometime - working at an investment bank and compared to most - I found the Americans some of the hardest working people I have ever met...

10. v0rtex

v0rtex Senior member

I was an Englishman in New York for sometime - working at an investment bank and compared to most - I found the Americans some of the hardest working people I have ever met...

Another English transplant here... realized a big part of the reason Americans like convenience and laziness so much is because they work ridiculous hours and get next to no holiday time. Last thing you want to do after a week of 12 hour workdays is cook a decent meal or go to the gym.

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Americans have the highest obesity rate on the planet.

12. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

Stop shopping in Boca.
    That's a common sight in many cities.

13. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

Every generation says that the one that follows is lazier, coddles their children more, and is worse at "baseball fundamentals." It's the lament of all generatoins that means absolutely nothing.

If each generation were actually lazier than GDP (held constant for inflation) would go down instead of up, but it grows geometrically not even linearly.

14. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

I buy my food at shops that don't supply carts. No problems.

15. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Yeah that's why I don't think it's really laziness. All these "lazy" people, American or unAmerican, well I think the laziness is just a symptom and not the actual problem. I think it's a combination of problems with motivation, defeatism (Low self-esteem can play a part in this) and the most unforgivable culprit, entitlement.

16. BP348

BP348 Senior member

17. BP348

BP348 Senior member

Not saying that Americans don't have a weight problem but here's the easy solution for you. Shopping in South Africa = very few fat Americans to deal with.

18. Monaco

Monaco Senior member

What is wrong with using a shopping cart? I use it because the things I get usually exceed the space or practicality of a hand-basket. If you're going to criticize the laziness of Americans, don't use shopping carts as your example.[​IMG]

19. forsbergacct2000

forsbergacct2000 Senior member

I hope this is your life's biggest problem.

20. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

What is wrong with using a shopping cart? I use it because the things I get usually exceed the space or practicality of a hand-basket.

If you're going to criticize the laziness of Americans, don't use shopping carts as your example.[​IMG]

+1

I hope this is your life's biggest problem.
    [​IMG]