• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Are all mainline Marc Jacobs suits full canvas?

fredrik80

Reaction score
I read a post earlier (but cant find it now) about Marc Jacobs's mainline suits being full canvassed - would all suits in the collection (not counting marc by mj ofcourse) be fully canvassed or are there different lines like gucci where some are canvassed and some fused?

I've seen some of them marked inside with a big "54" and then "Marc Jacobs - Made in Italy" - what does the 54 mean?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It is a fashion suit.
You are overpaying wether it is canvassed or fused.

Carl

fredrik80

Reaction score
I wouldent even consider it full price ofcourse, but a store here is going out of business and selling their suits at 80% off. It would put it at about $300-$400 which could be a decent pickup! =)

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
54 is the euro size, usually corresponding to a US 42 or 44.

fredrik80

Reaction score
Yes, you're right , my size had a "50" inside. I didnt even think about it being a size-tag since it was placed where the manufacturer patch usually is

Featured Sponsor

Pocket square on a coat: yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • No

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 7 14.3%