• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are all black watches 'fashionable'...what to wear them with?

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just picked up a PVD coated Swiss Army Dive Master 500, because it's damn cool looking. I didn't plan ahead, but what can I wear it with? Do you view all black watches as 'trendy?' I try and avoid trendy, since I buy stuff for the long term. I always pictured them being "Bro-ish," but it's a nice looking watch IMO. My other watch is a blingy polished Breitling, so this is a big change. Thanks for the help guys!

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/e...t=P1010137.jpg<a

KenN

Reaction score
Why would the color of the watch dictate how 'fashionable' the watch is?

Anyways if you want to avoid being "trendy", get rid of your "blingy polished Breitling" and look through the WAYWT thread for a replacement, there are some nice watches in there.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a nice understated watch with a white face on a narrow black leather band is about as elegant and versatile as it gets. Black and white can get boring, so I got kind of a 'fun' take on it, so to speak.
s_33908.jpg
It was pretty cheap and has taken a beating, too.

Deluks917

Reaction score
Just wear the watch, it should match a whole lot of stuff.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
I think a nice understated watch with a white face on a narrow black leather band is about as elegant and versatile as it gets. Black and white can get boring, so I got kind of a 'fun' take on it, so to speak.
s_33908.jpg
It was pretty cheap and has taken a beating, too.

Is that from www.projects-us.com? I knew a guy who used to have a bunch of watches from there and I think that was one of them. He also had some of their wild ones. I was looking on there myself as a place to buy I was looking at either: http://www.projects-us.com/html/10-1-4.html or http://www.projects-us.com/html/graves_witherspoon.html (in one of the greens) Is the quality decent for the price? Because the price is so cheap.

Reaction score
yhst-20062526263334_2039_134605682
i think that is a pretty stylish watch i don't think it will look dated my glasses have black frames so i feel that despite whatever else i am wearing, those two accessories match but yeah for flieger-ish styled tool watches, more utilitarian/techy looking clothes work best

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been lusting after a basic Victorinox Infantry in all-black for the last week.

Oxnard

Reaction score
^^ That Panerai is really nice, personally I really like Stowa for simple yet elegant watches. Been drooling over this Antea 390 for a while. These watches are pretty versatile, but personally I try to match up my accessories in color (black watch, black shoes, belt, etc.)
0901_stowa_antea_390_300.jpg

Reaction score
ive got an antea ks on a black strap
i wear it only when i am wearing a suit or at least more dressed up like

ddragovi

Reaction score
hoping to revive this thread! I've been looking for an all black watch for awhile now. just something fun. not really looking to spend more than maybe $750. Just having trouble finding any. Those rolex's are nice but out of my price range

87-2.jpg

saw these triwa's for $145 but they are made from plastic and rubber??? couldnt image that even looking good in real life
Carbon%20Black%20III%20nw_middle_middle.jpeg

image371.jpg

i like the idea of this TX pilot but it is huge! I'd like something a little smaller
tx-pilot-watch.jpg

I'd also prefer something other than a metal bracelet.

These Burberry's seem nice, but i'd have to see a burberry watch in person first before i'd spend the $ on it.
_5899222.jpg

anyone have any input? or know of any nice ones that I cant seem to find?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like the stealth Sinn U1 (right), but it might be hard to find one these days. the tempus U1 on the left isn't bad either.
sinn-u-stealth-and-tempus-u1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads