• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arc'Teryx Sidewinder Goretex Shell XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arc'teryx's top of the line riding shell in gray with dark gray insert panels in XL. Classic sidewinder waterproof zipper, high neck, waterproof pit zips, 2 waterproof zip pockets, plus interior pocket, snow skirt, waist cinch cords, welded velcro cuffs, see through upper left sleeve radio/pass pocket. 3L Goretex = utterly bombproof protection.

NOTE: It does not have a hood - Arc went through a bunch of iterations of this jacket, some with hoods, some without, some with hoods that went in the collar etc. before landing with the current "storm hood" configuration. I ride with a helmet and went hoodless.

Sizing notes: If you know anything about Arc'teryx, its that they favor an "athletic" (read "really" slim for outerwear) cut on their jackets. This is no different. I am a slim 44/EU in tailored clothes and a "large" in everything else. I tried on the L and it fit as long as i didn't want to layer underneath so I sized up. If you google around and read the reviews on this jacket you will see that it is a common move.

Legendary jacket at a killer price - these things are $600+ new! Only selling because I switched to soft shells a few years ago and this isn't getting any action - $150 shipped CONUS

Attachments

• sidewinder1.jpg
    sidewinder1.jpg
    760.3 KB · Views: 41
  • sidewinder2.jpg
    sidewinder2.jpg
    752.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads