• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread

John-Galt

Reaction score
anyone own a Frame t-shirt? general thoughts?
how would they compare to smartwool for actual hiking?

Pretty cool tee, the back paneling and shoulder articulation is nice. I can't say it's worth retail but one of the better tees at a $200 price point.

The frame is finer than the merino used by smart wool

John-Galt

Reaction score
No fit pics yet but here's my review on r/veilance

First Impressions

I havent had this jacket for long and certainly havent had a chance to wear it outside given the weather.

So far I like it. I dare say this jacket gives you the best bang for your buck in the Veilance lineup

Fabric

The entire jacket is made burl Burly, a double weave soft-shell fabric. I could be wrong but it's the exact same fabric as found on the Gamma LT. Arc uses this fabric quite frequently, here's a quick read. For those familiar with Outlier products, I'd describe Burly as a beefier Schoeller Double Weave. It's textured on the outside and has a loopback finish on the inside like a terry sweatshirt.

I could be wrong but this is the AV outerwear with stretch and it feels so good. Unlike the Arris or Field, my shoulders dont feel constricted when I lean my shoulders forward. I do worry that the fabric will loose it's tension and budge out, will update.

Construction

Unlike any mainline soft-shell or soft shells in general, the Isogon MX is fully seam seam sealed, giving it a cleaner finish. There are no ugly lap-felled seams. I intend to layer heavily with this jacket and the lower profile seams should ease things.

The pocket bags are made from Terratex which runs the full length up to just below the shoulders. This should make the front of the jacket much more wind resistant. The neck and part of the back hood is lined with Terratex for comfort and to potect the Burly.

There are two adjustment points on the hood. There's a Coahesive cinch tab at both sides of the hood to bring it lower to the face. There's a hidden cinch cord at the back to pull the visor from dropping over your eyes.

The sleeves are made from one pieces of fabric and follows a spiral construction like the Node Down, rad. There's a small piece of elastic at the cuffs just like the Arris, guessing its made from Schoeller dynamic.

As some have commented that the zipper isn't as crisp as on the Arris. Not a big deal for me and I don't really notice it when worn. Guess the photos make it look worse. Do keep in mind that it's Vision and naturally wavy.

Fit

Take your normal Veilance size. Fits slightly longer in the body and sleeves than the Arris. Slightly boxier in the body to accommodate for layers. I can fit a Graph and Field OS easily

Seriously buy this jacket.

klock

Reaction score
I have a node down in small (black) and is looking for an extra small now (because of losing weight...). Is there anyone who would like to trade?

7even

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have (and willing to sell/trade) / or know where I could get the Monitor Down in the "Peat" (2017 color)? Size XS or Small

Thanks.

WilYa

Reaction score
I am thinking to let go my Monitor Down (navy size M) due to minimal usage. Let me know if you are interested.

7even

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Not my size though.

One of you guys must have the Monitor Down in Peat (XS or Small). Hit me up!

Crshngdwn

Reaction score
Anyone have impressions of the FW 18 graph sweater? Need a mid layer and thinking of copping.

John-Galt

Reaction score
Not bad. If you got the money go for it. The Graph cardigan is like the bread of AV, it brings everything together

Crshngdwn

Reaction score
Not bad. If you got the money go for it. The Graph cardigan is like the bread of AV, it brings everything together

Thanks for the feedback. I’m actually looking at the Sweater so I can layer under my Conduct and use as a stand-alone when the AC is cranked in the office. I know the fabric changed from nylon overlays to an overall nylon-merino blend; do you have the Graph with the latest composition?

John-Galt

Reaction score
I have the old cardigan and a couple sweaters. Composition is actually the same, they just dont have panels anymore. I can comfortable fit a graph under my conduct and it's pretty cozy on a rainy day

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics