• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread

Beav

Reaction score

Beav in general would say you're a m in veilance but you may need to size up one in the blazers as they tend to be fit slim especially around the waist (not where you wear your trousers but your true waist).

also on the look out for a blazer preferable the indisce would anyone know where they're currently on sale?

Nice, thanks for the advice

John-Galt

Reaction score
Has anybody ordered from the official website, whats the average processing time? I placed an order Friday and have not received any shipping confirmation and customer support will not contact me back.

Odd, usually ships out the following day. I'm located in Canada (Arc HQ) might be different for other regions. Give them a call, CS is usually amazing

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Odd, usually ships out the following day. I'm located in Canada (Arc HQ) might be different for other regions. Give them a call, CS is usually amazing 

Tried to call says all office staff is on a two day vacation until tomorrow. Will have to try then.

keunho

Reaction score
If I wear a size medium in the Mionn IS three-quarter jacket, would I need a medium in the galvanic or size down to a small?

eloshine

Reaction score
Curious to learn if anyone has an opinion on the current Galvanic IS vs the older version with the built-in hood, either style-wise or function. I've got the older version but have been contemplating updating. Want the two-way zipper and insulated pockets but would prefer to stick to the shorter length too..quite a pickle. Thanks for feedback on prior posts, btw.

John-Galt

Reaction score
From my experience with the old Galvanic, I could never get the collar to sit flat with then hood rolled in. Not a problem for me as I generally wear the coat with the hood out.

The two way zipper on the new galvanic is not idea. Very difficult to align. As for the insulated pockets, between the shell and the pocket is just a micro fleece layer. Dispute these differences, I still prefer the new Galvanic. Fits better and feels better made. Expect the Galvanic to get a warmer treatment sext season

eloshine

Reaction score
Thanks, JG. I don't mind the collar standing either and prefer the hood attached. Interesting to hear they're going to give it a warmer treatment--insulation-wise, it's the perfect fall-winter transition piece for me. Though I wouldn't mind the fishtail design being incorporated.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have finally contacted me back after 7 days on my order said something was off on their end and now its processing and ready to be picked. Did not apologize, offer discount, faster shipping such as overnight, nothing! I get salty when I spend $800 dollars on two pairs of pants and get awful customer service. Definitely will be returning them.

John-Galt

Reaction score
Selling a couple Veilance Pieces:

Blazer LTs. Navy in M-XL and Black in L (inquire for more sizes) $320 USD

Partition. Black M and Navy S. $440 USD

huskyzealot

Reaction score
Has anyone ever successfully had the waist brought in on Veilance pants (particularly the Voronoi pants)?

I've got a couple pairs that are too large for me now, but not sure if these can even be adjusted at the waist given the taped seams and all.

smarquis

Reaction score
Has anyone ever successfully had the waist brought in on Veilance pants (particularly the Voronoi pants)?

I've got a couple pairs that are too large for me now, but not sure if these can even be adjusted at the waist given the taped seams and all.

There is a "Sizing Information" response in the FAQ on the Veilance website http://veilance.arcteryx.com/faq.aspx?country=ca&language=en

It says "Our pants can be easily tailored for a perfect fit."

"Tailored" is a pretty broad statement (length/hemmed, waist, etc). You may want to send a quick message to customer service to confirm. I would tend to agree that with all the taped seams it would be more of a challenge to adjust.

Good luck.

skovbo13

Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience with both the Veilance Nemis and Quoin jackets? I recently received the Nemis but it obvisouly doesn't offer much in terms of warmth given it's just a shell. Would the Quoin potentially be a better choice for spring/autumn?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads