• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
recently bought an older Monitor version (the one with the L bicep sleeve) but it was too big. Posted on Reddit and someone said it was fake. Anyone here familiar with circa 2014-2015 ones that can look at pics?

View attachment 1316474 View attachment 1316475 View attachment 1316476 View attachment 1316477 View attachment 1316478 View attachment 1316479 View attachment 1316480 View attachment 1316481
I don't have any Veilance gear but I have Arc'teryx shells. Looks OK to me -- but it should be easy for you to examine the quality of construction with the jacket in your hands. Arc'teryx uses very small seam allowances, for example -- looks OK on your coat. Look at seam taping, stitching, etc. Usually knockoffs have clear evidence of poor construction that can be easily discerned in an unlined seam-taped garment.

Last edited:

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on the Euler IS recently in Arc'teryx Shanghai and was quite disappointed. Both the coat and jacket versions looked shapeless especially in the upper body/shoulders. I sized down for a slightly better fit. The material also isn't completely waterproof and looks kinda cheap, neither version has a hood. I just don't see any purpose for it.

My Galvanic has been going strong for 4+ years now. I have to say that it's probably my favorite fashion purchase ever. The pockets are extremely convenient for walking around in the city. It's weatherproof and warm enough for harsh winters. The design is perfect, great silhouette and details, goes with everything. The only fault would be that the zipper has become more and more unresponsive over the years but that's replaceable. It's by far my most worn piece of outerwear and still looks and feels the same with minimal maintenance.

RE:Galvanic, this is my exact sentiment as well. Found on nordstrom rack for 400$, and will go down as the my most valued and favorite kop of all time.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have any Veilance gear but I have Arc'teryx shells. Looks OK to me -- but it should be easy for you to examine the quality of construction with the jacket in your hands. Arc'teryx uses very small seam allowances, for example -- looks OK on your coat. Look at seam taping, stitching, etc. Usually knockoffs have clear evidence of poor construction that can be easily discerned in an unlined seam-taped garment.
Just heard back from Arc'Terysx and they said it's legit. It has has great detail. Actually wish the newer Monitors still had the L bicep pocket. It's a nice spot to put cards.

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score
Regarding the Galvanic coat, is there a noticable difference in terms of fit and warmth between the down and IS versions?

fergferg

Reaction score
can anyone ID this. arcteryx jacket for me?

Attachments

• arcteryx.jpg
    arcteryx.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 444

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Voronoi shorts? Hesitating cuz they look slim and I wanna wear them with non slim outerwear like And Wander or CE. Also don't wanna have to wear a belt if I exercise in them.

I'm also trying to find a light rain jacket for summer hikes. Looks like Arris or Isogon would be my best bet?

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quarantine cops:

Secant Comp shorts - These are a bit slim in the legs and the drawstring doesn't always hold up but they're very comfortable. Lots of stretch, sit just above the knees.

Isogon - Slim and too cropped. Cropped length leads to awkward pocket placement.

Voronoi pants - Great cut, articulated knees, also slim.

Field LT - I tried on the older version in 2016 and it was too boxy. The newer version without the wrist strap is slimmer and fits much better. Looks great open or closed. The best Veilance shell. Unfortunate that both the Field LT and IS will be discontinued.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Arcteryx x Beams .. now there’s a Collab ..

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an XS Monitor Coat (Gore-Tex Pro shell not the down version) they're looking to sell? Prefer non-black. Thanks!

DoctorDisco

Reaction score
Picked up this alpha ar without tags, can anyone tell me what version and/or color it is?

710E1D1C-E52D-49CF-AE12-6BEDBC87D580.jpeg
C3228647-D771-4404-B9CC-542A238C6576.jpeg
A5DACA76-196A-4661-A2E6-8FB1864A81DF.jpeg
25763437-4F69-4053-8B67-036DD350EB4E.jpeg

DoctorDisco

Reaction score
Update on the post above. I just received the jacket and it seems to be in good condition and well made with neat taping and solid seams. The only thing that sticks out (literally) and is strange is that one of the adjusters for the hood seems to be wrong positioned, it is outside of the fabric, se photos below. Do the jacket look authentic? Has this happened to anyone else? Should i send it to Arcteryx for a warranty claim? The jacket do not have any waterrepellency what so ever but could just be the recent owner skipped on the dwr treatment since the jacket looks newly washed.

IMG_9696.JPG
IMG_9697.JPG
IMG_9698.JPG
IMG_9699.JPG
IMG_9700.JPG
IMG_9702.JPG
IMG_9703.JPG
IMG_9704.JPG
IMG_9706.JPG

Last edited:

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say best head over to the reddit arcteryx sub probably more eyes there able to spot fakes. DWR will lose performance and needs to be refreshed it is alas going to be lowering in performance over time on regular 3 layer jackets and the changes in chemistry over the years have made it nicer to the environment but not as durable as past treatments were. Seems odd for the kind of wear to have no DWR left. But even if this is a legit piece it may not be seen as a warranty issue, but really that's up to the brand.

DoctorDisco

Reaction score
I'd say best head over to the reddit arcteryx sub probably more eyes there able to spot fakes. DWR will lose performance and needs to be refreshed it is alas going to be lowering in performance over time on regular 3 layer jackets and the changes in chemistry over the years have made it nicer to the environment but not as durable as past treatments were. Seems odd for the kind of wear to have no DWR left. But even if this is a legit piece it may not be seen as a warranty issue, but really that's up to the brand.

Thank you for the reply, i will ask on Reddit. I will try reprofing it if confirmed authentic. Issue with the adjuster seems kinda strange though. I guess arcteryx do not sell any seconds, in theory this would be a manufacturing defect?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads