1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Caligari, Feb 24, 2015.

1. scamster

scamster Senior member

Beav in general would say you're a m in veilance but you may need to size up one in the blazers as they tend to be fit slim especially around the waist (not where you wear your trousers but your true waist).

also on the look out for a blazer preferable the indisce would anyone know where they're currently on sale?

2. scenicside

scenicside Member

3. eloshine

eloshine Member

Does anyone here own the Nomin backpack? Curious to learn what general impressions are, and if there's any other brand/ style comparable to it on the market for less cost worth considering?

4. scenicside

scenicside Member

I just picked up the Nomin from FW16 season, I usually only carry a backpack while traveling so that's my main use for it and another backpacks I've owned.
    I've also owned the Outlier Ultrahigh backpack and Quadzip backpack, both of those made out of Dyneema/cuben fiber, a really lightweight durable fabric. I ultimately sold both and picked up the nomin on sale from Nomad shop. Full price of the nomin is pretty hard to swallow for a backpack. So keep an eye out on any third party stockists and watch for seasonal sales you can usually snag one then.

As for the pack itself, it's lightweight although slightly heavier than the outlier bags. The fabric is called AC2 it's a plain weave nylon laminate (google ac2 fabric and you should find a good youtube video explaining in more detail about it. Has great organization in the way of two vertical zip pockets. Also in the main compartment is an organizer to hold a laptop,notebook,book,ipad etc. which I find really handy when traveling.
    The Outlier bags had little to no organization and when I'm on a plane I don't want to dig through all my stuff just to find a pair of headphones or a small bottle of eye drops.

What I like most, the bag looks good and seems really durable, although the straps are thin they are surprisingly comfortable even when carrying heavier weight. I love the vertical zip pockets make it easier to swing bag around while on one shoulder to grab something. Also has a side handle which is great for me getting through an airport. Also sealed zippers for extra protection against rain. Worth noting though rumor is the next version of the Nomin, arc is getting rid of the side handle and changing the interior zip pockets so that they are horizontal facing. Both things when I love in the version I have.

If there are any specific questions to the bag let me know.

5. santaclara

santaclara Senior member

I don't have the nomin, but I was considering it at one point. I have the arcteryx astri 19, which although it is not billed as "waterproof", definitely is waterproof. I use it everyday for work outdoors in a variety of weather and have not had any problems with it. I wanted something a little smaller and found it at a local outdoor store on sale. I have been happy with it. I like the looks of the arro too, but it was a little bigger. You might be interested in some of the arcteryx blade models too.

6. slowshow

slowshow New Member

I have an Arris Jacket, size Large in Black. It's brand new with tags and I'm considering letting it go. It was never used because it's too slim for any layering. I'm pretty tall and the high crop isn't so flattering on me. I'd let it go for 450 if there is any interest.

I also have the Composite, which I love and wear on a near daily basis, but I could use something waterproof in L or XL like the Actuator if anyone is looking to trade or sell.

7. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

For the price I prefer my Arro 22. Has the same sleek weather proof look.

Edit. The straps on the Nomin are very thin. Some like it but I prefer the beefy Arro 22 straps

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  8. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

I like my nomin. It is a bit too long for my taste, but it looks great when worn. Only complaint that I can think of is, no pocket outside.

9. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Since this thread is relatively quite and gets low traffic: I can neither confirm nor deny this. But it would be sure cool if they added a front zip *wink*wink

1 person likes this.
  10. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Why would they get rid of the side handle??

11. eloshine

eloshine Member

Thanks for all the great insight. Yea, the full price is hard to swallow. What's the lowest anyone's noticed from a third party? I slept on a nwt Nomin on eBay at 450, which I'm regretting now. That said, anyone looking to retire his I'd be interested.

12. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

I don't see the Nomin losing much value as the constant price increases disproportional outweigh the devaluation

13. santaclara

santaclara Senior member

There has been $400 and below on grailed. If you are willing to wait and keep your eyes out, I believe you could get it for that price.

14. eloshine

eloshine Member

Thanks, that's helpful to know and def. way more acceptable. Will keep my eyes peeled.

I'm currently using the mainline Pender, which has a side handle too, btw. Functionally it's terrific but growing tired of the overt branding.

15. einstine

einstine Senior member

Has anybody ordered from the official website, whats the average processing time? I placed an order Friday and have not received any shipping confirmation and customer support will not contact me back.

16. Beav

Beav Senior member

Nice, thanks for the advice

17. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Odd, usually ships out the following day. I'm located in Canada (Arc HQ) might be different for other regions. Give them a call, CS is usually amazing

18. blacktoku

blacktoku Active Member

19. einstine

einstine Senior member

Tried to call says all office staff is on a two day vacation until tomorrow. Will have to try then.

20. keunho

keunho Well-Known Member

If I wear a size medium in the Mionn IS three-quarter jacket, would I need a medium in the galvanic or size down to a small?