1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Caligari, Feb 24, 2015.

1. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Senior member

I'm interested in checking out this brand in person. Everyone has a Canada Goose, so this seems like a good alternative. I guess the quality is good, eh?

2. Jdubz

Jdubz New Member

3. kidsmoke

kidsmoke Member

Picked up the new Conduct Anorak and loving it so far.

1 person likes this.
  4. ranger7000

ranger7000 New Member

Would love to see a review or some fit pics of the anorak!

5. Totoro-san

Totoro-san Member

Doeas anyone knoe when the SS 17 collections for the standard Arcteryx lines are coming? Wondering if they will refresh the colours. Looking for a Psophon FL Hoody

6. walt143JE

walt143JE Well-Known Member

Was at Buffalo Exchange in East Village Manhattan and they had this blazer for $38 in XL. Would have grabbed myself but it was actually too small for my shoulders with very short sleeves. Condition was a bit wrinkled but overall very suitable. When I saw the tag I almost freaked out but wasn't meant to be for me.....[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  7. Jdubz

Jdubz New Member

Feel like proxying for a brother? :)

8. walt143JE

walt143JE Well-Known Member

Hey I have to head out of town tomorrow for work and wouldnt be able to stop by again until next weekend, if it is still there I can do it! Sorry...

1 person likes this.
  9. Bunks

Bunks New Member

Delete

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  10. Bunks

Bunks New Member

Hi, I was wondering if you ever did trade down a size and if so how it went? I'm in a very similar situation, 6'1 and 38 chest, but very long arms! The small is basically a better fit than the Medium on me except that the cuffs are tight on the wrists when I wear anything like a thick woollen jumper.

11. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

In addition to my Veilance Field Jacket, I've got an Atom LT that basically functions as my winter coat. It's not enough, so I'm looking for a down-filled jacket. The Veilance Monitor is nice, but way too expensive after looking at my budget... are there any warmpth differences between the Cerium LT and the Thorium AR? I know the Cerium uses 850 fill and the Thorium uses 800, but beyond that, is the Thorium actually a heavier more robust jacket?

12. skovbo13

skovbo13 Active Member

I did indeed sell the medium monitor down, but got a size small insulated field jacket instead—which fits perfectly. I'm positive a monitor down in small would have been a good fit as well.

From your description, and given you're a 38 chest, it sounds like the small is your size.

13. eloshine

eloshine Member

Skovbo13, Curious to know if you find the armholes high and restricting in the Field IS vs the Monitor S

14. Bunks

Bunks New Member

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated. I hope you enjoy your field Jacket.

15. Sym

Sym Senior member

Any real world pics of the Conduct Anorak or review? Thinking of picking it up.

16. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Haven has it online. The jacket is rather long on the body

17. WilYa

WilYa Member

1) I think you should go for L.
    2) I had a Monitor Down for 850 GBP. You may wait a bit but I have to say the stock/supply of Veilance is quite limited.

18. skovbo13

skovbo13 Active Member

Never owned the Monitor in size S, just in M—which I eventually sold. The armholes in the Field IS (S) pose no problems whatsoever, I believe it would be the same in a Monitor Down size small.

19. eloshine

eloshine Member

Anyone have suggestions for removing stubborn wrinkles from their jackets?

20. Beav

Beav Senior member

I'm hoping to get some sizing advice for you all, I'm one of those folks that always tends to be between sizes... I'm looking into getting a Veilance blazer, and am torn between getting a medium and large.

I'm 5'9 and about 175-180lbs, with a 39-40 inch chest (currently 39.25) and have a 34 inch waist. And, I'm a little rounder around the middle than most my size, it's just how I carry weight. And I don't want a really tight fit.

What size would you guys advise? I'm thinking a large just to be safe based on measurements I've seen online but I'd like to hear any advice I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!