1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Caligari, Feb 24, 2015.

1. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

I've asked about hemming the Voronoi at an Arc store and was told to take them to any tailor. I don't imagine it would affect warranty unless you're altering a seam

2. smarquis

smarquis Member

Thank you! The sizing info on the veilance website says the inseam on a 32" pant is 34.5, so that's a bit long for me. I like that the voronoi's come in 32" and 35" inseams.

3. Jolek

Jolek Well-Known Member

I have never washed the Indisce Blazer but can say that I've washed the Mionn IS Vest and the Quoin in the washing machine with no problem. I didnt use the dryer.

I'll second that hemming is no issue. I emailed Veilance a while back about hemming the Indisce's sleeves. It doesn't affect the warranty on the rest of the jacket. I needed to hem one 'roll' up but used Type-A so I wouldn't have stitch marks.

4. eloshine

eloshine Member

It does look a bit long in the sleeves. I'd size down one. Fyr, I'm 5'10" 158, 38R, and own the Monitor Down in S.

As for the earlier comments about puffiness, I can layer a cardigan underneath and it still looks pretty sleek, imo. Have gotten plenty of compliments on it already. I never mention it's Veilance unless people specifically ask--bc of the pricing it seems obnoxious to say.

5. skovbo13

skovbo13 Active Member

Thanks for your input. Do you perhaps have a picture of you wearing the coat? I'm now considering trading mine in for an S.

6. eloshine

eloshine Member

Not sure if this helps, but it's the only one I have. This was last week in Chicago and I had a wool cardigan underneath.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. MVP-

MVP- Active Member

Man, I somehow became addicted to Arc'Teryx gear. Was just looking to upgrade my winter jacket game and so far have purchased:

2 Kappa Hoodys (one meh colour for work)
    Ceres Parka
    2 Atom LTs
    Alpha SL Shell
    Rivet Gloves

The Kappa Hoody is surprisingly versatile and if I'm wearing a sweater underneath I feel comfortable down to at least -10C.

The Ceres feels like a bombproof fortress.

If you're patient and diligent enough, you can find this stuff for cheap (like 50% off).

8. tricky

tricky Senior member

I just bought my first 3 pieces as well over the holidays and I have a sinking feeling it's just the start.

I was able to find 30% off but 50% is pretty crazy!

9. Caligari

Caligari Senior member

Ahhhhhh the first stages of Arc' addiction. We went through that 2 years ago my wife and I had 43 pieces between the two of us. Sold them all off and went to Rick and Boris but have GREAT memories A and V are fantastic brands.

10. tricky

tricky Senior member

Holy crap you took it to the next level. I've never even heard of Rick and Boris. The little voice inside my head is telling me not to Google another new brand hahaha

11. Caligari

Caligari Senior member

Yeah we always go overboard. Rick Owens and Boris Bidjan Saberi. Also check Julius, Greg Lauren and Carol Christian Poell.

12. tricky

tricky Senior member

Craziness :)

13. scb

scb Senior member

I got a Nau down trench last year for 50% off that has served me very well in NYC.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  14. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Caligari was the Arc plug. Very few Veilance pieces he hasn't owned. Don't look up Rick or CCP, dangerous stuff.

50% off to be easy to find but since Arc implement their new pricing strategy 30< is rare

15. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Thanks for the rec! Is it really warm?

16. scb

scb Senior member

I got it last January and it was warm enough for the NYC winter in Jan and Feb and has held up this year. I usually just wear a polo under it, too. So yeah, it's pretty warm. I have the Copenhagen Trench that I got from Nordstrom for 50% off almost exactly 1 year ago

17. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Thinking about picking up an insulated Field off Grailed. Already have the uninsulated version in a small and it's perfect. Same size, I assume.

18. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

19. bootguyPA4

bootguyPA4 Member

I love the Monitor Down Jacket it's a bit on the pricey side.

20. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Yeah, I agree. In fact, I'd probably prefer the MDJ but I can probably find an insulated field for like $500 or so... not so much with the other one. Looking at a Therme, too. Doesn't get that cold in Vancouver, so I don't think I need much. Atom LT isn't cutting it.