Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Caligari, Feb 24, 2015.

1. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

It's not intended to be packed but is made from virtually the made material as the now discontinued Actuator which has an integrated stuff pouch. I would recommend against storing the jacket like that for extended times as creases -nothing wearing it won't fix- will form and detract from the fluid aesthetic. I wouldn't worry about permanent damage since it's Goretex.

Veilance sleeves are chronically long. I'm 5'8 and and swim in my sleeves. The Monitor cuffs are moulded and I find the additional length not to be a problem.

2. dnotes

dnotes Member

I'm hoping to pick up a 2016 Field Jacket (I want those side entry pockets) sometime before the end of July. Is it realistic to hope I'll be able to get one on sale for around $450-500? Any suggestions on places to look? I think Ssense had it, but I wasn't paying attention and missed out.

Also, I'm 5'6" and 145ish. If I want a full range of movement, does small seem like the right size?

Much appreciated.

3. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

$500 USD or CAD

4. dnotes

dnotes Member

500 USD is what I've budgeted. Although yes, with the exchange rate CAD would be even nicer.

5. accordion

accordion Senior member

So, Blazer LT for $390 on END, worth it or no? I like the design, I know it fits slim, but a tech blazer just doesn't seem to have a lot of utility.

6. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

PM me for a better price

7. Jolek

Jolek Well-Known Member

@aeymxq. I have last years partition coat. It's made of a gore Tex 3l super light which deals similar to gore pack light. It's an excellent shell. I've had mine folded up in a packing cube for weeks on end while travelling and it's no worse for wear. I did have the sleeves tailored at a Gore-Tex service centre.

@dnotes . We're a similar size I'm 5"8 and 143. I would definitely recommend an extra small. I have a 38 inch chest and can easily fit an Atom AR under my Field Jacket (non insulated). The side entry pockets also sold me on the Veilance Field. Can post a fit pick if that would help you. I got mine off of the SSEnse sale. It was a great cop considering the regular price.

8. dnotes

dnotes Member

@jolek A fit pic would be extremely useful. Thanks for offering!

9. Jolek

Jolek Well-Known Member

Sure thing. Will get setup and post some Veilance fit pics.
    Edit will be tomorrow

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  10. CaptainApathy

CaptainApathy Active Member

I would disagree with @Jolek , if you're looking for a full range of movement a small may be better. See this post I made late last year:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/512884/...-jacket-any-clue-on-sizing/0_100#post_8201670

I am 5'8, just under 160 pounds, and wear a medium. I tried on a small and it looked better standing still while in front of a mirror, but the shoulders felt tight as soon as I swung my arms. Very happy with my size M.

11. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Okay let's put this to a rest. If you want the Field to fit like it does on the AV model then size down to an XS. You will be sacrificing layering room but mobility shouldn't be a problem as there back and under arms are gusseted.

I'm assuming you're a size 36 chest.

12. dnotes

dnotes Member

I'm actually a pretty true 38, and I do wear sweaters quite a lot, so I think I'm going to go with the small. I don't mind a little extra room in an outwear piece and I feel like the field jacket still looks good when it's not totally fitted. Thank you to everyone who's provided pics and input.

13. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

I'm receiving a Nomin pack sometime soon. I'm so excited.

14. Donut

Donut Senior member

Just bought a Beta SL as my first bird piece and I'm loving it. I would rather have had a Veilance piece but it's slightly out of my budget right now and mainline Arc is still good stuff from what I hear.

Hopefully I can find a Galvanic or Monitor in my size for a good price closer to FW.

15. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Congratulations, welcome to the dead bird cult. Be sure not to ride your bike in the Betal SL