• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London: true craftsmanship, no middlemen, Official Vendor Thread

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, it would be a simple conversation about value and education.

I'd be willing to buy from Archibald as a trusted store where there is an expected consistent quality across products. I'd be happy to pay direct-to-artisan prices plus an Archibald premium to cover their value add as the distributor. I'd benchmark against lower quality, higher price branded products, especially designer brands where I don't see the value added by the branding or design despite the high price point.

From talking to a couple of friends and what I've seen on this thread, this is generally true. The t-shirts, the sneakers and the copper pans are genuinely high end and higher quality. There are some misses, the Japanese knives are still lower end if you talk to chefs, but that's a more complicated product that requires a buyer to know how to sharpen a higher end kitchen knife properly.

I think Archibald needs to do more education on its site, though. The copper pans and sheets, for example, are high quality but it's difficult for the ordinary buyer to appreciate these even with the physical item in front of them. This is even more difficult for, say, the t-shirts and polos. There's definitely a difference between a $10 and a $100 t-shirt, but it takes some explanation.

I'm personally not sure about the membership model because I don't know how often I'd buy from Archibald and wouldn't be able to predict it. It's even more difficult when you are dealing with high end items, where it makes a big difference if I buy a $1,000 leather bag or coat from Archibald this year or not. But then I think hard before signing up for Amazon Prime, so maybe that's just me.

ArchibaldNat

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Archibald London is extremely proud to announce the launch of our brand new crowdfunding initiative, Backed by You.

For the first time, customers will be able to place ‘bids’ for items they would like to purchase if said items were made. Just like other crowdfunded concepts, all of our Backed by You items will have an individual campaign. If one product receives enough ‘bids,’ then at the close of its campaign that item will immediately go into production. Everyone who placed a ‘bid’ against it will have their ‘bid’ converted into an order; individuals will be charged for their purchase and receive their order upon its production completion.

Many items we are offering on Backed by You are brand new to Archibald London. We will be featuring several collaborations as well; the first one, which is live on our website now, includes button-downs designed with Emanuele Maffeis highlighting his use of Thomas Mason and Alumo Swiss shirting fabrics (for example). Other items for Backed by You have existed in our core collection in the past, but require new production as they are out of stock and are awaiting customer demand.

Our Backed by You campaigns will rotate on a regular basis. All will last a minimum of two weeks, and some will go slightly longer. Overfunding is welcome as it simply means we will produce the exact number and sizes corresponding to ‘bids.’ If an item’s funding goal is not reached, then it will not be produced and anyone who placed a ‘bid’ against it will not be charged as the ‘bid’ will never convert into an order. These products will return to our archives and might be brought back at a later date should we receive customer interest.

Importantly, to commemorate the launch of this new initiative, we will be offering Archibald Buyers Club (at-cost) pricing for ALL of these first round Backed by You campaigns. In the future, our Backed by You items will launch at regular Archibald London full price for non ABC members.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or input as we always welcome your feedback.

https://www.archibaldlondon.com/us/backed-by-you

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The greens have it.
79FFCE58-6A81-4271-830E-AE1678A18DB5.jpeg

loduN

Reaction score
Archibald London is extremely proud to announce the launch of our brand new crowdfunding initiative, Backed by You.

For the first time, customers will be able to place ‘bids’ for items they would like to purchase if said items were made. Just like other crowdfunded concepts, all of our Backed by You items will have an individual campaign. If one product receives enough ‘bids,’ then at the close of its campaign that item will immediately go into production. Everyone who placed a ‘bid’ against it will have their ‘bid’ converted into an order; individuals will be charged for their purchase and receive their order upon its production completion.

Many items we are offering on Backed by You are brand new to Archibald London. We will be featuring several collaborations as well; the first one, which is live on our website now, includes button-downs designed with Emanuele Maffeis highlighting his use of Thomas Mason and Alumo Swiss shirting fabrics (for example). Other items for Backed by You have existed in our core collection in the past, but require new production as they are out of stock and are awaiting customer demand.

Our Backed by You campaigns will rotate on a regular basis. All will last a minimum of two weeks, and some will go slightly longer. Overfunding is welcome as it simply means we will produce the exact number and sizes corresponding to ‘bids.’ If an item’s funding goal is not reached, then it will not be produced and anyone who placed a ‘bid’ against it will not be charged as the ‘bid’ will never convert into an order. These products will return to our archives and might be brought back at a later date should we receive customer interest.

Importantly, to commemorate the launch of this new initiative, we will be offering Archibald Buyers Club (at-cost) pricing for ALL of these first round Backed by You campaigns. In the future, our Backed by You items will launch at regular Archibald London full price for non ABC members.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or input as we always welcome your feedback.

https://www.archibaldlondon.com/us/backed-by-you

Buzzwords and marketing appart, it's GMTO right ?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New delivery. With a summer of paternity leave some comfortable, casual shoes that I could slip on for a walk around the block or to grab a coffee were on the list. The new suede slip ons seemed to fit the bill. So far the suede is super soft and the shoes are nice and comfortable. Looking forward to getting some miles on these and being able to see how they hold up.
The gray and chocolate both have a nice shade to them.
7FD92C72-FCA5-4806-999F-D2959623F55F.jpeg

ArchibaldNat

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Exclusive Styleforum Special for Archibald by Sant'Andrea (SAINT ANDREWS)

Link: SF Special: Archibald by Sant'Andrea
Code: 4SFEYESONLY

Sant'Andrea for SF.jpeg

We are proud to announce we've secured the services of one of Italy’s most revered, high-end tailoring facilities for our latest group made to order offering. Located in Fano, Italy, Sant’Andrea (also known as Saint Andrews) has been responsible for making some of the most exquisite pieces offered by reputable brands over the years. This partnership marks a new era as we search and collaborate to bring you these types of items without the steep luxury markup you would normally encounter.

Using this link and code 4SFEYESONLY, we are giving Styleforum members an exclusive offer for free access to our Archibald Buyers Club prices for select styles from this collection.

As these Sant’Andrea styles are part of our GMTO, Backed by You initiative, each piece requires 10 orders total to make it to production. Once you place an order, you will not be charged until at least 10 orders are placed for that style in total and production is guaranteed. We will keep everyone who orders updated on their item’s status, and individual orders can also be tracked on our Archibald London website through your personal dashboard.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or comments either here or at [email protected].

Thank you all!

Last edited:

jezamora

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has Archibald London’s GAT and if they could post some pictures of the sneakers. I’ve been considering buying a pair, but I’d like to see them in natural light.
Thanks

ArchibaldNat

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Link: SF-01 v3 sneakers in classic calfskin

Hi all, on the back of our Sant'Andrea launch, we thought it would also be nice to get back to some of our Archibald basics. Perhaps I don't need to explain or introduce it to you, but please take the next 72 hours to enjoy our SF-01 v3 sneakers in classic calfskin. Available for all at our Naked, Archibald Buyers Club price.

Thanks everyone!

Davakint

Reaction score
Link: SF-01 v3 sneakers in classic calfskin

Hi all, on the back of our Sant'Andrea launch, we thought it would also be nice to get back to some of our Archibald basics. Perhaps I don't need to explain or introduce it to you, but please take the next 72 hours to enjoy our SF-01 v3 sneakers in classic calfskin. Available for all at our Naked, Archibald Buyers Club price.

Thanks everyone!

Is the difference in pricing between $ and € solely because of taxes?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the difference in pricing between $ and € solely because of taxes?

€ are all integrated with most cases (as most cases are pre-orders).

When in-stock and the piece is elsewhere (UK etc) then it is not currently integrated.

Costs of dispatch there are also more expensive currently as we are still outsourcing logistics and admin and not taking care of it within our own facility there as of yet. We had planned on doing that last year but issues got in the way. I hope to be able to do it within the next two months and then we can reflect with slightly more savings.

Reaction score
What are the main Forums for Archibald? Im seeing this one
"ARCHIBALD LONDON: TRUE CRAFTSMANSHIP, NO MIDDLEMEN, OFFICIAL VENDOR THREAD"
and "THE STYLEFORUM X ARCHIBALD SNEAKER GMTO" Any other active ones?

Also Is there any additional info / pics of the Sacchetto Loafers in Deerskin? Those look amazing!

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the main Forums for Archibald? Im seeing this one
"ARCHIBALD LONDON: TRUE CRAFTSMANSHIP, NO MIDDLEMEN, OFFICIAL VENDOR THREAD"
and "THE STYLEFORUM X ARCHIBALD SNEAKER GMTO" Any other active ones?

Also Is there any additional info / pics of the Sacchetto Loafers in Deerskin? Those look amazing!
Hi there, I believe those are the only two. I am around the pairs today so happy to share some live pics. Would you prefer pictures or a video? If you like, feel free to msg me on the whatsapp number and I can send them over there as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads