• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London: true craftsmanship, no middlemen, Official Vendor Thread

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Persol is a luxottica owned brand, I believe made in Italy.

Do you have a pair you like currently, why not choose a style and get a bespoke piece made with us. The cost of the frame will equate what you pay in the store for say an oliver Peoples and can be totally bespoke.
Bespoke frames you say? I’m intrigued..

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bespoke frames you say? I’m intrigued..

Haha, yes it's a service we haven't fully released (aside from when specifically requested) due to Covid causing uncertainty with finishing times..

I think it would only be fair that we take you through the process, might be a nice change and stark contrast to your last one with Archibald product ;).

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, yes it's a service we haven't fully released (aside from when specifically requested) due to Covid causing uncertainty with finishing times..

I think it would only be fair that we take you through the process, might be a nice change and stark contrast to your last one with Archibald product ;).
I’ll shoot you a note. Waiting to take delivery of a couple commissions the end of this month so next month should be good timing for me to put in another order and give it a shot.

CWV

Reaction score
Btw I bought a new air of gloves which were shipped more than a month ago and there is no movement on the tracking site. CS says I should ask RM myself.
Could you give me some info of my address parcel?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw I bought a new air of gloves which were shipped more than a month ago and there is no movement on the tracking site. CS says I should ask RM myself.
Could you give me some info of my address parcel?
I just asked about them. Once it leaves the UK, Royal Mail doesn't really tell us much so it goes in the hands of the local post service so they are the only ones who can provide an update. I think we had this with your SF-01's in the past right? We should think of a better logistics protocol to get you the stuff you want as its disconcerting when it takes this long.

CWV

Reaction score
I just asked about them. Once it leaves the UK, Royal Mail doesn't really tell us much so it goes in the hands of the local post service so they are the only ones who can provide an update. I think we had this with your SF-01's in the past right? We should think of a better logistics protocol to get you the stuff you want as its disconcerting when it takes this long.
Yes Isi think it took like a month to appear at Chile postal service. That’s why now I’m beginning to move to find out.
I wonder if it would be the same in a non covid world or if RM is really slow in any circumstance.
If there was an option of a more detailed tracking it would help with the anxiety. At least one would know where it parcel is and if it is moving at all
Anyway I suspect that I’m one of the few South American clients, and I’m almost sure I’m the only one from Chile, so I get that this is far from a priority.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes Isi think it took like a month to appear at Chile postal service. That’s why now I’m beginning to move to find out.
I wonder if it would be the same in a non covid world or if RM is really slow in any circumstance.
If there was an option of a more detailed tracking it would help with the anxiety. At least one would know where it parcel is and if it is moving at all
Anyway I suspect that I’m one of the few South American clients, and I’m almost sure I’m the only one from Chile, so I get that this is far from a priority.
I remember the days when we struggled to get a single customer so I think the moment we ever consider any customer situation not a priority is the moment we will have to stop doing this and give up trying to make this business work.

The issue is RM washes their hands off it once it goes to the Chilean Postal Service so its difficult as they just tell us to have the receiver call them.

Ill look into a new solution for the next one.

Reactions: CWV

CWV

Reaction score
I remember the days when we struggled to get a single customer so I think the moment we ever consider any customer situation not a priority is the moment we will have to stop doing this and give up trying to make this business work.

The issue is RM washes their hands off it once it goes to the Chilean Postal Service so its difficult as they just tell us to have the receiver call them.

Ill look into a new solution for the next one.
The wierd thing is that they wash their hands even before the Chilean nail receive the parcel. When the parcel leaves the UK they stop tracking or answering but the Chilean mail assumes responsibility only once the package arrives to Chile, so all the trip between countries is no man land

Rewiag

Reaction score
The wierd thing is that they wash their hands even before the Chilean nail receive the parcel. When the parcel leaves the UK they stop tracking or answering but the Chilean mail assumes responsibility only once the package arrives to Chile, so all the trip between countries is no man land
They just try to brush of responsibility, but it is Royal Mails responsibility until the parcel is delivered. The sender makes a contract with Royal Mail to deliver something to a certain address. What happens between RM taking the package and the delivery is up to RM. If they make a contract with Chile post to deliver it in Chile, its up to them, but it is still their responsibility. If a package is lost the claim should be filed at RM.

Reactions: CWV

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are you sure you know what bespoke mean? the factory you use for your eyeglasses is very common in Japan and the average quality is just factory made luxottica level, they are certainly not capable for bespoke orders let alone remote.

edit 1: Oliver peoples,salt, davidkind all use Japanese factories for their frames and they are many steps below typical bespoke maker like Nacky made

edit 2: pretty sure Oliver peopels and salt are much higher standard than your frames

We don't use a particular factory, we actually have set up a process that runs through a bunch of different workshops.. It was something developed with Nishino-san who was one of the most celebrated craftsmen in

Moreover, Oliver Peoples, Salt nor David Kind are not made in any of the facilities we use. Neither is any of the Luxottica brands. So given this it is not my place to speak of their product.

Do you know where we make our stuff? Perhaps share the name of where you think we make our stuff?

Do you have a pair of our glasses? I think they stack up very well to some of the great niche Made in Japan brands such as nackymade, yellow plus, Barton Perreira.

Re: edit 2 - ok, not sure you own a pair but its the first time I have heard that.

And yes, bespoke means fully customized as per the clients wishes and a design from scratch if necessary - our craftsmen do a bunch of these for clients in Japan. And we have done a bunch for clients of Archibald.

You won't find duplicitous manufacturing with the bonds we have in Japanese eyewear.

Last edited:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you are comparing your frames to nacky made in the same way you compare your handwelt shoes to EG and G&G

Could you let me know about the factory where you think our frames are made? Also, share with us the one you have?

So here is the difference. I think I know my stuff in eyewear, at least know quite a lot of what goes on in Sabae and how manufacturing works across the industry. We were after all Archibald Optics...

Yes, we can continuously use our failings and mistakes against me or we can work together to create great products that uphold the values on this forum. So best I don't respond to the trolling.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Area poster who joined the forum 40 minutes ago decides to troll. This forum would be so much better with mandatory waiting periods before being able to post.
Yeah but I joined and posted right away. Do you think SF would be better off without me? Oh.....wait.

CWV

Reaction score
My gloves finally arrived. They took 2 month. They are TTS acogdimg the web meassurments guide and buttery soft. The only con I found on my quick análisis are a couple of loose threads inside the right glove. my first three fingers fit really well and the last two fingers are larger than my actual fingers.
if anyone has questions feel free to make them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads