• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London: true craftsmanship, no middlemen, Official Vendor Thread

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cut out the middleman mate, per the AOL Mantra. Buy direct from Adriano /Alessandro's artisanal workshop aka Alessandro Cappi factory.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disabusing ignorance and foolishness are part and parcel of the job description
F1E08CA6-EB3F-47E2-AC1B-9B52CF33F93D.gif

Betta

Reaction score
Cut out the middleman mate, per the AOL Mantra. Buy direct from Adriano /Alessandro's artisanal workshop aka Alessandro Cappi factory.

Naked prices?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rewiag

Reaction score
i dont get what you are trying to say.
Did you have the "no middleman" statement understood as the owners of AOL are producing the shoes by their own hands in their own workshop? If you did, you have bigger problems than this, if you did not, why are you acting stupid?

AOL's model is clear to everyone: they find the craftsmen / companies to produce the goods according to AOL's criteria, and then they sell it to the customers. They are selling AOL branded items directly to you.

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Looks like shills out in force defending their paymasters.

If you cannot see a scam as it is, you need a neurological examination and/or psychiatric evaluation fast.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
I dont know, i have some great items in my wardrobe. Next time im wearing my sneakers i will cry myself a river over how scammed I am...

Agreed. I love how somebody, who is not even a customer to start with, and is posting many times a day BUT exclusively on a company's threads how much of a scam they are, dares claim other people need a psychiatric examination... :alien::spam:

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we keep this to updates about the vendor and its products please?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont know, i have some great items in my wardrobe. Next time im wearing my sneakers i will cry myself a river over how scammed I am...
Agreed. I love how somebody, who is not even a customer to start with, and is posting many times a day BUT exclusively on a company's threads how much of a scam they are, dares claim other people need a psychiatric examination... :alien::spam:
Only a fool, or someone delusional can’t see that it’s better to pay $400 plus for CP’s. Those of us that purchased SF-01’s are clearly sheep, ripe for slaughter.

Last edited:

E. coli

Reaction score
Received notice via e-mail that the leather Cafe Racer jackets are just about completed and ready to ship. Really looking forward to it!

4r36

Reaction score
@ArchibaldRoh

I have always admired and supported the business model that Archibald London adopts and promotes. Since the shipment of the café racer got delayed last February, I've been fully understanding about the difficult situation and agreed to be patient. However, I must say that I am deeply disappointed by the email that your customer service sent me today:

6540d0f2d1bf76909f84efa33afbd14a
Support (Archibald London)
Apr 20, 2021, 16:08 GMT+1
Hi Nicola,

I hope you are well.

We just received the pieces at our center in London, and the team have informed us that there seemed to have been a communication error between ourselves and the craftsmen and the piece for you was made in the incorrect size.

We have spoken to them and given the current covid situation and delays with Horween being able to provide the original Number 8 (burgundy) colour, we have the following options that we can offer:

- The Burgundy in M
- The Forest Green (turn-around time is 1 week+ as we have the leather available)
- The Dark Brown (turn-around time is 3 weeks+ as we will need to wait for the leather to arrive from the suppliers)

Sincere apologies for not being able to accommodate your original request, however please do let me know what you think.

Kind Regards,

Alex

A serious business cannot kindly ask a customer to be patient and then, after months, communicate to him that the company is not able to accommodate his original request due to a mistake.

I find even more irritating that the present communication was made to me only upon my inquiry, after that I did not receive any update for more than a month . The last update I received (always upon my inquiry) was indeed on March 11, and I was told that you were looking at late March for the shipment.

As you certainly know, trust is a key element to run a business. I strongly advise you not to downplay it.

Nicola

ArchibaldLondon

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @4r36 ,

I appreciate and understand your frustration completely. As stated, we’re fully aware it was due to a communication error with your specific size ordered. We are not trying to downplay the issue in any way.

It’s very important for us to note - so everyone is aware - that we only received the shipment from the maker over the weekend. We are going through the process of fulfilling all outstanding orders right now.

We didn’t realize there was a discrepancy with your unit until we received your email and checked the shipment immediately instead of working our way down the numerical order list. We would have noticed the error and reached out either today or tomorrow had you not contacted us first.

To this point, all clients set to receive a jacket are still waiting as they will be shipping this week. We were not attempting to delay communication with you in any way.

Everyone who ordered the jacket was sent an update on April 9th 2021, which is when we received the last update from the maker ourselves. We strive to keep everyone as informed as we are going.

We apologize sincerely to everyone for the delay, and especially to you for the discrepancy. We are working to find a solution for you as we value your trust and support as a customer and would like to find a way to move forward. We will be reaching out to speak again with you further.

Best,

The Team at Archibald

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads