• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London: true craftsmanship, no middlemen, Official Vendor Thread

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well leather jackets should be tight from the start, when zipped up, almost form fitting. It will stretch out to your body as you wear it. If you get one too large, it simply won’t fit you in a few months of wear
From my years of buying and wearing leather jacket, this isn't always true and almost always wrong. If it's lamb or sheep and quite thin, yes, it will stretch out and may fit comfortably down the line. However, it seems the CXL used here has a heavier weight (thicker). It will soften but it won't stretch that much. Get something that fits comfortably from the get go. Sure it can be close to the body but never tight.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our advice on this particular one is to go with your size in a knitted jumper or sweater. I wear a 40/41 and a Medium fits me well if this was the style of jacket for me. 42 would bean L and so forth...

The sizing on the site is garment sizing, not body sizing and that can be confusing but its important as garment sizing is always more accurate.

CloudLi

Reaction score
Anyone bought their shoes? What is the sizing like? I wear US 7 UK6 in every brands (except Alden as constantly known half size down.

Devis4u

Reaction score
I am a 11.5E Branock, the size 44 is perfect on me. If you have D or E width foot order TTS. Customer service will contact you after you place the order to confirm your sizing, and they nailed mines.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received my first pair, size 44, and it's very good even with thicker socks. I wear a 10.5 in chuck taylors, 10.5 in alden trubalance, and 11 in jack purcell's. They have a printout you can use to estimate your sizing (check the scaling on your printer), but i took a slight gamble and it worked out great. We did have a back and forth over a few days before they shipped out (are you sure? No, seriously, ARE YOU SURE?). Now I know my sizing and am thinking of pulling the trigger on a couple of the pre-order SF shoes.

Edmund K

Reaction score
Ok so we just had a big discussion... what was submitted and is on the website is correct.

What is happening here is the measurement is of the garment itself and thus includes the give assigned to the style of the jacket. So the

I am a 40.5 and an M fits me just fine.
My shirt size is a 16 collar and 41

The model in the picture is a size 40 and 6 ft 2.

I hope this helps, we are going to make it clearer that it is the garment details. Choose the piece true to your size...

Really interested to get the Horween Chromexcel Cafe Racer Jacket, but I worried the sleeve is a bit too long. It says Size S is 27in/67.5cm. My other leather jackets, Schott or other brand is usually 24in-25in. Do you guys think it will be a concern or the sleeve will shrink as the leather bunches around the elbow (in this case it has to shrink 2-3inch)?

4r36

Reaction score
@ArchibaldRoh

As regards the cafe racer, I would like to ask you what's going to happen with the delivery. If I understand correctly, the jacket is crafted in and shipped from the UK, so there won't be any import duties. Is that correct? Still, even if it is, shall we have to pay the VAT of the European country of destination, plus some administration fees?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ArchibaldRoh

As regards the cafe racer, I would like to ask you what's going to happen with the delivery. If I understand correctly, the jacket is crafted in and shipped from the UK, so there won't be any import duties. Is that correct? Still, even if it is, shall we have to subtract the British VAT and then pay that of the European country of destination, plus the administration fees?

Nope, you just shop the country of destination site now as it is, we have already made an adjustment on the European prices yesterday so that there isn't a charge and it accounts for higher costs of business.

So, for everyone who made their order prior to yesterday, we will cover anything charged and work out with customers directly.

For everyone making orders from here on, any charges on import into Europe is on the customer.

The British prices are increasing across the site once again next week as the cost of doing business is just going up.

American pricing, for now, will be unchanged until further notice.

Sorry guys, but until we can set ourselves up with a full European infrastructure and migrate to it everything is more jarring.

dhoff10

Reaction score
Really interested to get the Horween Chromexcel Cafe Racer Jacket, but I worried the sleeve is a bit too long. It says Size S is 27in/67.5cm. My other leather jackets, Schott or other brand is usually 24in-25in. Do you guys think it will be a concern or the sleeve will shrink as the leather bunches around the elbow (in this case it has to shrink 2-3inch)?
The longer the sleeve is the more it will bunch, so this is somewhat of a style preference, but for 2 inches past your typical length I would likely do MTM to decrease by an inch. Without trying on the stock version it will always be a bit of a guessing game.

Edmund K

Reaction score
The longer the sleeve is the more it will bunch, so this is somewhat of a style preference, but for 2 inches past your typical length I would likely do MTM to decrease by an inch. Without trying on the stock version it will always be a bit of a guessing game.

Thanks. Good advice. Wonder how much extra it cost to do MTM?

CWV

Reaction score
About the wallets. Do they have a pocket underneath the 3 pockets for cards at each side? I think I see them in the pics. What I’m really not sure is if there are 2 big sleeves for cash that go through the whole length of the wallet
I’d like to order before prices go up.

Last edited:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah you mean a side pocket on either side below the card pockets? Yes they do

Reactions: CWV

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone link to the old post describing the vegetable tanned sneakers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads