• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London: true craftsmanship, no middlemen, Official Vendor Thread

Devis4u

Reaction score
Just got my Chelsea boots and worn them once. Here’s my 2 cents hopefully it can provide some insights to those interested! Leather seems really supple. However the creasing is pretty obvious in the vamp area. Not too sure whether it’s due to the characteristic of the leather or if it’s not lasted properly. Welt and insole executed well.
I found that the same thing happened to my RMWs. Part of it may be due to it being a single piece of leather. You'll see this with a lot of wholecut Chelsea's.

dhoff10

Reaction score
One small design modification I would suggest is to consider two symmetrical collar flaps instead of one larger one.

Then, the shoulders have a little bit of a structured suit look, but there is a trade-off with range of motion if you bring it in closer pre break-in. Still, you may be able to reduce some of the folding in that area in the back pics and the sharp corner at the shoulder

wooboyung

Reaction score
Great to hear you got it.
So we had this in the thread a while back with someone concerned with the creasing. I shared pictures of my tester pair when we were choosing the leather and this particular skin has a very unique property and is usually reserved for bespoke or special edition pairs. So when not worn the shoes wont look as great but when worn it will pop back to life... I will try and find the post it was a while back when we were explaining all this. I think i want to doxa video on it because i really vest up my pair and it looked all beaten and worn, never polished or used any product on it and just got it resoled and the upper looks brand new. The leather is soft but surprisingly resiliant, you will see over time.
I see. I’ll have to admit though it’s really comfortable!

joshjm50

Reaction score
does anyone have any experience on how the denim jeans fit?

Rewiag

Reaction score
does anyone have any experience on how the denim jeans fit?

The dark wash is a bit towards a standard fit, with a tiny bit of taper. It fits a bit large around the back of the thighs while being just right around the waist. I'm 176 and 70kg.

joshjm50

Reaction score
The dark wash is a bit towards a standard fit, with a tiny bit of taper. It fits a bit large around the back of the thighs while being just right around the waist. I'm 176 and 70kg.
thank you, im probably going to order a pair in the standard wash now then

kurenai

Reaction score

Just went live. Still changing a few bits... but the batch closes on the 25th of November 2020

could you put up the sizing for XS please.

Wanna check the variance between XS : S

XS (??)
20" Pit to Pit ?
16.5 Shoulder ?

S
21.4" Pit to Pit
17.3" Shoulder

That's a really voluminous cut in the chest

Devis4u

Reaction score
I was hoping it’d be so expensive that I could just ignore it. However it’s a pretty reasonable price, putting it in line with Aero
I was hoping the same thing, but It's looking to be a serious schott competitor, both in form and function. Though I do wish it had a bi-swing back.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what's the difference between cxl steer and fqhh?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads