• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London: true craftsmanship, no middlemen, Official Vendor Thread

ptfly

Reaction score
managed to get it to work.

On a note: altho it is a survey and will capture preferences, there are certain combination that should not be allowed.
For example, heavy fabrics, chunky knits and a 70cm width at the same time.
50 or 70 width will only go with lighter and / or finely woven fabrics, as scarfs this wide need to be folded in half along the longer edge, and thus effectively doubling the thickness of the scarf.

Same with the ends. Cashmere and fringed ends will not work well.
Also Vicuna was not on the materials list, I think it was the right choice not to include it as it would be super expensive.

The reason I mention these is that it might be that certain combinations might come up as winners, but perhaps those will not be the best.
completely agree. Width is definitely tied to the thickness (length a bit as well). I have a pretty large collection mainly wool, linen, cashmere and alpaca. Mostly woven but some knitted. All have a purpose.
Also, I tend to tie more than one way and that wasn't an option.
A double knit or two layer knit or woven might also be nice. I like those when I travel as I can pack less as I can get two colors/looks.

pendragon

Reaction score
The size guides seem to be all over the map. On the polo shirts, an XL measures 42", so perhaps suitable for someone with a 40" chest who likes a slim fit?

And the guide for cashmere sweaters is incomprehensible.

Rewiag

Reaction score
The size guides seem to be all over the map. On the polo shirts, an XL measures 42", so perhaps suitable for someone with a 40" chest who likes a slim fit?

And the guide for cashmere sweaters is incomprehensible.

they are working with many different makers and craftsmen, from Scotland to Italy and Japan. Each maker is using their own sizing standards, and AOL is just trying to make sense of it with their guides. Sadly there is no universal sizing standard in this industry.

ArchibaldLondon

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Devis4u

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We are uploading the survey for the HW-02: The Hand-Welted Jumper Boot. We are particularly excited about this one so thought we would start collecting data immediately in order to make sure that we are ready to go.

Here's the link to the survey (https://www.archibaldlondon.com/survey/styleforum-x-archibald/the-handwelted-jumper-boot) and here is the link to the Styleforum x Archibald page so you can follow all existing and upcoming initiatives.
What boots are currently made by Archibald on the 004 last?

archipel

Reaction score
I really like the 003 boot last. 001 width is great but instep is a bit low for me, which is fixed on the 003. Why isn't that an option?

archipel

Reaction score
I chose 001 because I did not know 004 but I do like 003 the best. Can you change one observation from 001 to 003?:)

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An old friend of mine who lurks here bought out Archibald's copper collection. Amazing stuff, heats up faster and does more delicate cooking than normal stainless. Handmade curves are good for flipping frying pans. The tin lining is easier to maintain than you think, he said. You haven't lived until you used a 34 cm frying pan.

DSC03936.JPG

DSC03534.JPG

DSC03423.JPG

DSC03418.JPG

DSC03905.JPG

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Good news...after all the interest expressed for a Cafe Racer Jacket made using Horween Chromexcel, we decided to move up the timeline for this piece and begin working on it pretty much immediately. We linked up with our friends over at Richard James on Savile Row so we could perfect the fit with the pattern cutter and will be aiming to release this for pre-order in the next 5 or 6 weeks (product samples made, shot etc and pre-orders live). It will follow the same protocol as all our products with Styleforum community so the initial batch will be offered at Naked + as pre-orders etc.

Anyway just wanted to announce it as I got to see the research the guys over at RJ were putting into it yesterday and it is looking like it will be something really amazing.

Best,

Rohan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics