• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London: true craftsmanship, no middlemen, Official Vendor Thread

CWV

Reaction score
I imagine dainite also makes a softer shoe

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
I imagine dainite also makes a softer shoe
Well it's a relative thing. A tad softer it is but I wouldn't say there is a major difference after the first days of starting to grind the leather sole with the pavement. It feels similar to and looks like the real thing from the side, maybe a tiny bit thicker, just that you don't 'feel' the floor like you do with leather and that it lasts longer. And if you lift your feet, as in sitting with your legs crossed, then you will give away it is not actual leather... but who cares. Dainite is the 'accepted' rubber sole anyway.

Cheers

archipel

Reaction score
I now discover that you offer rubber soles. What do you guys recommend for the Chelsea boots? I would think rubber would be better because I would wear the boots more with sometimes worser weather.

I don't really have shoes with leather soles. I have Meermin boots with rubber soles and I do like them.

And can Dainite soles be handwelted? If I'm buying a handwelted shoe I do want to have that!

Rewiag

Reaction score
And can Dainite soles be handwelted? If I'm buying a handwelted shoe I do want to have that!

you are mixing two things that does not belong together.
The welt of the shoe is hand-welted, the sole you attach to the welt has nothing to do with that.

The Dainite sole can and will be sewed to the welt that was hand welted.
You could have a steel / wooden sole being sewed to the welt and it still would be hand-welted...

archipel

Reaction score
you are mixing two things that does not belong together.
The welt of the shoe is hand-welted, the sole you attach to the welt has nothing to do with that.

The Dainite sole can and will be sewed to the welt that was hand welted.
You could have a steel / wooden sole being sewed to the welt and it still would be hand-welted...

Thank you for your answer. I did not know if a Dainite sole could be sewed to the welt.

If anyone has a recommendation which sole would be best for the chelsea, let me know!

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. I did not know if a Dainite sole could be sewed to the welt.

If anyone has a recommendation which sole would be best for the chelsea, let me know!
I do like them better with Dainite, but that's just me. It still looks formal enough that you can pull it off in a more formal setting but it allows you to not give a damn about how wet the surface you are walking on is.

Cheers

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New suede loafer in production, they will get to us with the new HW1 in Horween Shell Cordovan... very excited.

Regarding the soles, I usually go with full leather but for wet surfaces I suggest to go for the Dainite.

Handwelted.jpeg

bsarosi

Reaction score
New suede loafer in production, they will get to us with the new HW1 in Horween Shell Cordovan... very excited.

Regarding the soles, I usually go with full leather but for wet surfaces I suggest to go for the Dainite.

View attachment 1399388

What's the leather on grain penny loafers to the right? And what kind of last? They look intriguing...

Devis4u

Reaction score

The suede loafers look great. No rush at all, but is there a timeline for the HW1? Looking forward to what you guys have in store, thanks!

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The suede loafers look great. No rush at all, but is there a timeline for the HW1? Looking forward to what you guys have in store, thanks!
Same! Very excited about the HW1. We might receive the final samples on Friday/next Monday, hence we will probably be able to have them available from next week

Braid

Reaction score

View attachment 1399388
The suede looks really nice. Do you have more info on the leather? Is it split suede or reverse calf?

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The suede looks really nice. Do you have more info on the leather? Is it split suede or reverse calf?
We use a 1.4mm nabuck from a tannery located next to Vicenza, northern Italy. We decided to go for a more resistant suede that can be worn for almost any occasion

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads