• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London: true craftsmanship, no middlemen, Official Vendor Thread

E. coli

Reaction score
Did I mention how happy I am with the Cafe Racer jacket? :colgate:

michael1121

Reaction score
Did I mention how happy I am with the Cafe Racer jacket? :colgate:
Don’t mean to disparage AoL so much- I was really interested in that project. Do you have any photos of your cafe racer? I was curious how the horween would turn out, and how the thickness would end up.

E. coli

Reaction score
Don’t mean to disparage AoL so much- I was really interested in that project. Do you have any photos of your cafe racer? I was curious how the horween would turn out, and how the thickness would end up.

Michael- I posted pics a couple of months ago- I believe you can find them on page 37 of this thread. I was very pleased with the product, the jacket was delayed a couple of months due to the pandemic related supply issues which was not AOLs fault. The sleeves are a bit long but that's on me with my alligator arms. I've only worn it a couple of times before the sunny warm SoCal weather established itself so I'm really looking forward to breaking it in more this winter.- meanwhile I have it hung up in my hallway and I walk by it everyday to smell the intoxicating chromexcel!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it should be clear that I was not "Handwelted", despite stephenaf2003 accusing me for no conceivable reason. The closed accounts are an encouraging response, but shouldn't it be acknowledged that a sponsor was responsible for one of those? If it's being addressed privately I'm willing to remove this comment.
:lol:

emptym

Reaction score
^Handwelted was not a match with michael1121.

Rewiag

Reaction score
was wondering whats going on with "TABLE by Archibald" ? Are there plans to restart it?

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was wondering whats going on with "TABLE by Archibald" ? Are there plans to restart it?

Yes still happening. Brexit and costs from the impact of handweltedgate cause of delays. Still happening though...

Last edited:

Kreo

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced long delays of product shipment? I ordered the shell cordovan Goodyear sneaker back in April with original estimated delivery date of May/June. Every month, the estimated delivery time has slipped to the following month with it now being September and still no delivery. Per Archibald, it seems they are having vendor and supply management issues. Not sure if it is isolated to this product or across their entire supply chain. I will say Archibald has always been quick to respond to my inquiries, but the slow delivery is very aggravating.

ArchibaldNat

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Kreo (and everyone),

I’m part of the Archibald family, and I’d be happy to address this topic for you! I’m looking forward to answering some of these questions and responding to comments and feedback in the future.

I apologize for the aggravation as we understand your frustration completely. This is actually a great time to update everyone these units are finally clearing customs and arriving. Anyone located in Europe should be receiving a tracking notification any day! We’re receiving everything by Thursday at the latest and will be turning them around to all of our customers with outstanding orders immediately.

That being said, there was a longer than normal production delay with our latest sneakers for several reasons that managed to all coincide. First to note, we moved production to a new craftsman and it took time to develop this style with them (and ameliorate the former version). Second, we had some residual rolling lockdown issues that impacted both production and delays with several required materials. Third, the shoes were separated into two batches for shipping (also a partial consequence of lockdowns and delays). While one batch was crafted and shipped before Ferragosto (our fourth hitch), the second batch was delayed until after this Italian holiday concluded. Consequently, we lost several weeks during this time period. Finally, we experienced an extreme holdup with customs that pushed our delivery out even further. We've been checking on a daily basis and have finally been informed our shipment will be released within the next 48 hours! As everyone may or may not be aware, customs delays can vary from several days to weeks due to a variety of reasons that are not within our control.

We’re very happy to note we’ve had incredibly positive feedback from the first batch and can’t wait for everyone else to receive their outstanding pairs!

More updates to come soon. Thanks everyone

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Brexit is awesome.
81899CD4-0B20-4EE2-AEDA-5BE340FEA6CF.gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rewiag

Reaction score
two questions:
  1. Since the holiday season is here soon, whats the status of Table by Archibald? Will you have similar pre-selected packages like last year?

2. Was there any advancement around the handmade gloves in Pecs, Hungary? Cold season and such...

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
two questions:
  1. Since the holiday season is here soon, whats the status of Table by Archibald? Will you have similar pre-selected packages like last year?

2. Was there any advancement around the handmade gloves in Pecs, Hungary? Cold season and such...

Hi there,

1. yes. Especially Europe will be functioning on a Taste of Table initiative again.

2. Actually yes as well! I believe the team are working on a new collection with them - thank you so much for the introduction. The line will be migrated to a maker in Pecs and there will also be a special edition collaborative piece using peccery

Rewiag

Reaction score
Hi there,

1. yes. Especially Europe will be functioning on a Taste of Table initiative again.

2. Actually yes as well! I believe the team are working on a new collection with them - thank you so much for the introduction. The line will be migrated to a maker in Pecs and there will also be a special edition collaborative piece using peccary

Glad to hear the ToT is coming back! I have a few to-be-beneficiary already :)

also glad that you are moving forward with the glovemakers of Pecs. Are you going to work with Hamerli or another maker? There are a few renowned makers for sure. If its going to be a success I could use a nice pair of gloves wink wink ;)

ArchibaldNat

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Glad to hear the ToT is coming back! I have a few to-be-beneficiary already :)

also glad that you are moving forward with the glovemakers of Pecs. Are you going to work with Hamerli or another maker? There are a few renowned makers for sure. If its going to be a success I could use a nice pair of gloves wink wink ;)

We'll be going with Hamerli - thanks ;)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics