• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London Hand Welted Shoes - preorder issues, discussion,and resolution.

deliku

Reaction score
CF4A6106-CA88-4476-A2EC-9A6EFBED264C.png

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take the 30% and you have a pair of shoes and roughly $100.
Send them back and you have roughly $300.

In order to have a pair of shoes and $100 you would need to buy new pair for $200.

So what can you buy for $200?

Meermin
Allen Edmonds on sale
Ace Marks

I bought two pairs of Allen Edmonds for 215 dollars last week, brand new, through the anniversary sale. Soooo...pretty easy.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Er ok that was an odd way to say it:)

The difference between keeping them and not is roughly $200.

That make sense ?

Yes, I think the situation is clear. Just poking fun at your way of framing the issue.

Anyway, for $200, there's Meermin. I think they make nice shoes.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading this thread like
AEC9452C-22D6-469A-A23D-435C60E400CE.gif

People are trying to be way too logical about a pair of shoes. If you like them you get some money back and keep the shoes you like. And that’s pretty cool.

If you don’t like them you can send them back and get your money back and you’ve got 300 to spend on some other shoes. Which is also pretty cool.

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wow, AOL and its cohort of shills are truly the masters of chicanery. Instead of being slammed for their blatant deception and fraud, customers are now heaping praises and appreciation for their magnanimity and generosity in offering partial/full refund of their crappy, factory made, cemented shoes.

Can somebody tell me what's the point of hyping and buying AM and YF shoes, when the NAKED eyes of most people cannot tell the difference?

Do enlighten me mate.

yshin10

Reaction score
Wow, AOL and its cohort of shills are truly the masters of chicanery. Instead of being slammed for their blatant deception and fraud, customers are now heaping praises and appreciation for their magnanimity and generosity in offering partial/full refund of their crappy, factory made, cemented shoes.

Can somebody tell me what's the point of hyping and buying AM and YF shoes, when the NAKED eyes of most people cannot tell the difference?

Do enlighten me mate.
who's your employer?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Do enlighten me mate.

I don't buy AoL, AM, or YF.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do enlighten me mate.

Bruh.

It's over.

Go home.

People are getting full refunds if they want 'em, or 30% if they want to keep the shoes. The damage has been rectified.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bruh.

It's over.

Go home.

People are getting full refunds if they want 'em, or 30% if they want to keep the shoes. The damage has been rectified.

Well. There is the matter of the outstanding toe taps

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Can one claim compensation for the emotional distress caused by the deception and fraud?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads