• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London Hand Welted Shoes - preorder issues, discussion,and resolution.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best description I’ve ever read ? rubber island ???
2A20FA92-098A-4423-9F4F-021CAB7000BE.png

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
The artisan school of what now? View attachment 1591634

I thought you edited this as a meme but actually checked it out and omg, you can't make this **** up haha.

(As an Italian speaker I think I do understand what he tried to say, but probably he spelled it wrong even in Italian and the translator got it wrong. But it's funnier not to think about this :D)

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So how is this:

different that this?

and no disrespect but is there anyone ever that looks at that picture and said the leather looks good???

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
AOL tricksters would have you believe that you are commissioning hand welted masterpieces from a hard luck, father and son artisanal workshop which, laid low by covid, unfortunately and fortuitously had to cut corners out of good intentions, in return offering a better, more comfortable, and proven alternative to hand welted shoes.

Also implied is that they have an equity stake in the workshop, prior to the scam being exposed.

They also claim to be making direct connections to master craftsmen and artisans, whose pockets of excellence are given a lifeline by AOL through their direct to customer platform. The truth is otherwise. AOL is just a middleman, a reseller of
factory goods without any genuine value added.

Adriano and son, Alessandro, running a factory (not workshop) that does sub contracting work and who also sell their own label shoes online, are unlikely to cheat on a miniscule order of say some 40 pairs of shoes. Also being well versed in sub contracting, they would have a legally binding agreement listing the specs and terms and conditions. So it's unlikely that they shipped glued on shoes unless contractually obliged. Or if they are the guilty party, they would have the financial wherewithal to refund the aggrieved customers.

And our "no middleman" AOL hipsters are selling the same shoes with a higher margin than the factory. Is this even ethical?

My conclusion is we are witnessing a scam. But what say you now, Herr Professor Dr.?

Buy these shoes. Buy. These. Shoes.

Or..

My money back. My. Money. Back.

Last edited:

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So how is this:

different that this?

and no disrespect but is there anyone ever that looks at that picture and said the leather looks good???
It was very obvious from day 1 that they were horrible. I also ask myself how can one not see this looking at the pics.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So how is this:

different that this?

Well first of all those aren't even wholecut chelseas.

George Mason

Reaction score
He's constructed using a never before seen method that is far superior to your inane knowledge of shoe construction methods which is both longer lasting and cheaper to the customer
This is true. Additionally, his birth was an extraordinary new model of direct to consumer, as he went directly from the womb to his crib, without the outrageous middleman obstetrician 900% mark up!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads