• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Archibald London Hand Welted Shoes - preorder issues, discussion,and resolution.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good clusterfuck threads require the right mixture of things -- someone who posts crazy things and a community of people who have a good sense of humor. This one is one of my favorites. It's also short and sweet, relative to this thread.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good clusterfuck threads require the right mixture of things -- someone who posts crazy things and a community of people who have a good sense of humor. This one is one of my favorites. It's also short and sweet, relative to this thread.

That was enjoyable. Thank you.

upsett1_spaghett1

Reaction score

Oh wow that was dizzying. Racism, tag entitlement, John Elliot...there really needs to be SF movie or TV Show

Verrihappy

Reaction score
Trust me. The AOL shoes represent the best value in men's shoes worldwide, with all the features of the highest of the highest men's shoes.

Last edited:

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that's very entertaining. the guy's twitter is mentioned and you can see every month or two he blows up at some other company for the exact same kind of reason.
at some point you might think people would realize this is a problem with them and not end clothing.

TC11201

Reaction score

Pure gold. Made my day reading that.

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
Just received 'The Email' from AoL. Options are as follows;

1. Keep the shoes and they will give me a 30% refund
2. Return the shoes and they will give me a full refund

They are not going to do a remake.

I mentioned that I had other out of pocket expenses which I would like them to cover (for toe taps etc), but they weren't interested. In effect, they didn't give a shit.

I have also asked them what they intend to do with the returned shoes? If they turn up on Cappi's website, I will know the answer to that question.

I suppose my frank evaluation is that the outcome is rather disappointing. With all the lofty claims of 'building a community', 'looking after those affected', and 'making it right', in the end, they haven't done any more (or less) than what most other businesses would do. I thought that they would just let us keep the shoes (mine are several months old and have been worn) and give us a full refund. Maybe I was naive, or its part of the agreement with the Cappi's.

Ultimately this thread has highlighted that there are some pretty big holes in the AoL business model, or at least the way that it is positioned and marketed. They had an opportunity to rectify some of their past mistakes, draw a line in the sand, and move forward positively. This email feels like a bit of a missed opportunity.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received 'The Email' from AoL. Options are as follows;

1. Keep the shoes and they will give me a 30% refund
2. Return the shoes and they will give me a full refund

They are not going to do a remake.

I mentioned that I had other out of pocket expenses which I would like them to cover (for toe taps etc), but they weren't interested. In effect, they didn't give a shit.

I have also asked them what they intend to do with the returned shoes? If they turn up on Cappi's website, I will know the answer to that question.

I suppose my frank evaluation is that the outcome is rather disappointing. With all the lofty claims of 'building a community', 'looking after those affected', and 'making it right', in the end, they haven't done any more (or less) than what most other businesses would do. I thought that they would just let us keep the shoes (mine are several months old and have been worn) and give us a full refund. Maybe I was naive, or its part of the agreement with the Cappi's.

Ultimately this thread has highlighted that there are some pretty big holes in the AoL business model, or at least the way that it is positioned and marketed. They had an opportunity to rectify some of their past mistakes, draw a line in the sand, and move forward positively. This email feels like a bit of a missed opportunity.
I would personally suggest e-mailing them and seeing if they can't offer you a third option that you would be happier with. No reason not to ask.

Not reimbursing the toe taps kinda makes sense in this respect only: you got it done 3rd party and it isn't their fault in that regard. If it was factory installed, that'd be different, though I would also be pissed as toe taps usually cost about 50 dollars to install.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy