• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Archibald London Hand Welted Shoes - preorder issues, discussion,and resolution.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the issue is that he indicated they were somewhere between C&J handgrade and EG level.

With all that said, sample size of 1 is perhaps not that useful. My only pair of GGs has some pretty poor creasing (it's Horween hatch) but the leather still has great feel 🤷
When I read the review, after it was posted, I didn't realize that you guys were serious about the comparisons. I guess I wrongly assumed they could not be competitors.

Which is also why I stopped laughing to show some respect to those proud owners of AoL shoes. Really it's just a difference of opinion. I respect that.

GG has some phenomenal leather. How are they holding up now or how long have you had them?

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
When I read the review, after it was posted, I didn't realize that you guys were serious about the comparisons. I guess I wrongly assumed they could not be competitors.

Which is also why I stopped laughing to show some respect to those proud owners of AoL shoes. Really it's just a difference of opinion. I respect that.

GG has some phenomenal leather. How are they holding up now or how long have you had them?
20210319_011305.jpg

Have had them since about September last year. The creasing is consistent though so I'm not concerned. Just not as fine as my AMs with hatch
20201125_004203.jpg

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1590683
Have had them since about September last year. The creasing is consistent though so I'm not concerned. Just not as fine as my AMs with hatch
View attachment 1590687
Shoes are going to crease. There's no getting around that. To my eye, they don't look as bad as how you may them seem.
They look good. 👍🏻

Yes I do like the AM's better, but considering they are boots the creasing adds some character.

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
Shoes are going to crease. There's no getting around that. To my eye, they don't look as bad as how you may them seem.
They look good. 👍🏻

Yes I do like the AM's better, but considering they are boots the creasing adds some character.
Definitely acceptable. But probably on the lower range of acceptable for GG.

I think I would actually have a greater issue if one shoe had really fine and the other didn't.

The GGs feel much better, the AM upper looks thicker and the lining seems stiffer (maybe the interlining).

CWV

Reaction score
How can you guys go round and round the same arguments for more than 60 pages? Why not give the thread a rest until there are some actual news to comentario and discuss and that way stop flooding my inbox with notifications?

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
How can you guys go round and round the same arguments for more than 60 pages? Why not give the thread a rest until there are some actual news to comentario and discuss and that way stop flooding my inbox with notifications?
I mean, same can be said about most of the big threads. Either people complaining about the same thing in different words or circle jerking each other for their excellent collective taste.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could always unsubscribe, no? I'm not even subscribed. I only receive notifications after a mention.
Then at that point you almost feel compelled to read on haha.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely acceptable. But probably on the lower range of acceptable for GG.

I think I would actually have a greater issue if one shoe had really fine and the other didn't.

The GGs feel much better, the AM upper looks thicker and the lining seems stiffer (maybe the interlining).
I generally feel that AM makes the most robust looking shoes out of the top makers. They are almost like refined tanks.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m definitely unsubscribing, I’m sure if there are real news it will made into the top somehow...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.