• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Archibald London Hand Welted Shoes - preorder issues, discussion,and resolution.

VulpesVulpes

Reaction score
A shill and his reputed professorial reputation is soon parted.
I have no clue who this guy is and why is opinion matters to anyone. I just read his "review" and it made me laugh quite a lot, and God knows there are quite a few funny shil... hmm sorry, "reviewers" out there.

upsett1_spaghett1

Reaction score
The car analogies kind of killed me on this thread, but I feel they were not analogous enough. It is kind of like the folks who were claiming the Kia Stinger GT was straight up better than a Mercedes AMG C63 because it was faster, cheaper, better handling, etc. While completely forgetting the reason folks buy a Mercedes isn't value proposition, it's experiential.

So you order the brand new Kia, which is a very fine and acceptable car, but what you get is a salvage title Ford Probe. And folks would be rightly pissed at that

Verrihappy

Reaction score
They were marketing then as the greatest shoes ever though. Since they were paying about $200 and there is normally a 900 percent markup, these should be EG, GG, and JLP competitors.
Actually, AOL touted on their website they only offer best of the best, equal or exceed quality offered elsewhere when it comes to hand welted shoes.

Verrihappy

Reaction score
Disillusioned, they began to turn away established brands that started asking them to cut corners, speed up production, go with different materials. It felt like the artistry was slipping away,cut corners, unknown to consumers even as it was fading into memory. We came to them with a different proposition entirely. While others were asking to cut costs, we requested they do just the opposite: make what you love, what you’ve spent generations perfecting, and together we can share it with more people. Together, we came to what are, in our opinion at least, the finest shoes we have come across- hand-welted, finger-stitched. No corner cutting, not traditional markup. Just as we had intended.

The above is from AOL's hype about Adriano's artisanal workshop, their work ethics and shared vision.

Look it up on their website

Verrihappy

Reaction score
I have no clue who this guy is and why is opinion matters to anyone. I just read his "review" and it made me laugh quite a lot, and God knows there are quite a few funny shil... hmm sorry, "reviewers" out there.
Apparently a poorly paid community college professor moonlighting as a shill.

Zerase

Reaction score

Verrihappy

Reaction score
The creases are evidence of the natural texture of the superior grade of leather used, and the love and perfectionism dedicated to and involved in crafting a pair of finest, hand welted and finger stitched shoes.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice sock puppetry there.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously I don't agree with the comparison, but if @JFWR is happy with his pair.. Awesome 👍🏻.
Hope he wears them in good health.
As I said, I got duped. I've been transparent I got snookered. Don't know what you or anyone else wants me to do further than this.

I've fessed up that archibald fucked me.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are the pictures JFWR posted with his review about how wonderful they were that had inspired me to buy a pair to do a real review on and know if I would be comfortable recommending them to friends since it didn’t make any sense.
View attachment 1590545View attachment 1590546View attachment 1590547View attachment 1590548View attachment 1590549View attachment 1590550
First impressions were nice. Strictly related to those pictures I posted, I thought they were nice shoes.

When I wore them after the ice in central Illinois cleared, I realized how bad they were. They went to absolute crap.

I've been honest with all you about this. I don't know what more you want out of me here?

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. For my sins, for my sins, for my most grievous sins?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I even suspected @JFWR got a pair of fake EG’s when he liked to compare other shoe brands to his only pair of 2nd hand EG’s. Even though I don’t think anyone fakes EG.
Bro, my pair or egs were brand fucking new when I bought them.

Proof:

IMG_20210117_1502522.jpgIMG_20210117_1501471.jpg

Now be a man and apologize.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.