• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archibald London Hand Welted Shoes - preorder issues, discussion,and resolution.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ The one split toe derby to rule them all, IMO...

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC05668.jpg

DSC_0434.jpg

Hiro Yanagimachi L33

Along with N. Templeman's SpTD, these two are the best SpTDs money can buy.

I'll try this again.. To that comment, there can be no contestation!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The direction of the thread has taken quite a beneficial turn. Beneficial for those that enjoy SpTDs ?.

Speaking of SpTDs that would potentially be on the dressier side, Wegan hasn't produced one yet has he? I'm thinking a Hove with an extremely tight waist.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not bespoke, but on GG the only Hove I can wear would be on MH71 (barely), but I do like how it looks for sure.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not bespoke, but on GG the only Hove I can wear would be on MH71 (barely), but I do like how it looks for sure.

So on his IG he didn't post one yet.

With regards to the Hove, I'm confident it wouldn't be any issue for him to make you one that would fit properly.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC05668.jpg

DSC_0434.jpg

Hiro Yanagimachi L33 on his international last, modified for my feet. I never liked Dover that much, a bunch of chunk and rather boring, as all EG shoes apart from some of their Top Drawer versions. I find for example G&G Hove on DG70 or similar much better IMO.

The design here is really nice, though the colour is a little too medium brown for my tastes.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The direction of the thread has taken quite a beneficial turn. Beneficial for those that enjoy SpTDs ?.

Speaking of SpTDs that would potentially be on the dressier side, Wegan hasn't produced one yet has he? I'm thinking a Hove with an extremely tight waist.

He hasn't made a split toe derby yet no.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He hasn't made a split toe derby yet no.

Considering your proximity to this man and your love for dressy SpTDs, I am nominating you.
Your mission Jesper should you choose to accept it. Infiltrate Wegan's domain. Become friendly with him. As always, exercise extreme caution because there will be other styles that may sway or persuade you. Don't let it happen. We need to see a completed Wegan SpTD at all costs. The good folks of SF support you. Godspeed. ??

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC05668.jpg

DSC_0434.jpg

Hiro Yanagimachi L33 on his international last, modified for my feet. I never liked Dover that much, a bunch of chunk and rather boring, as all EG shoes apart from some of their Top Drawer versions. I find for example G&G Hove on DG70 or similar much better IMO.

The split seam (?) on the left shoe doesn’t line up with the length of the right shoe.

I guess that’s within tolerance of fully handmade shoes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads